Chapter 7

We didn't stay. After I turned to look at the furious face of my companion, he wordlessly grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the house. 

After we got back he simply left.

It was a few hours before I finally hear the front door swing open. 

"ANGEL! I BROUGHT YOU A PRESENT!" I heard Sukuna yell merrily from the other room. I quickly dropped the book I was reading and walked out to where he was.

I don't know what I was expecting to find when I saw Sukuna.

But whatever I was expecting... It wasn't what I saw.

Sukuna stood proudly smiling. He was covered head to toe in blood and ash.

On the floor next to him on all fours was the shaking form of the boy from the Ramen shop. He was covered in blood. He shook as his face, once innocent and warm, was now horrified and lifeless. Have of his face was completely burnt. His mouth was sewed shut and there was a collar around his neck leaving dark bruising already. Sukuna stood proudly smiling and holding the leash connected to the boy's collar.

"Ah, there you are my prize! Look what I brought you! You said he was cute as a puppy so here you are! Your new pet!" Sukuna smiled holding out the leash to me. 

I didn't know how to respond. I looked out the window to my left and saw the village up in flames in the distance. 

Most likely everyone was dead. This poor human saw his entire village die in front of him. He was now deformed beyond recognition and stripped of every ounce of humanity. Fear and hate clouded his eyes as he looked up at Sukuna. 

I smiled and chuckled a little, "You are a complete psycho you know that?" I walked into his embrace, the smile still hung on my face.

"I prefer creative!" Sukuna smiled brightly like he hadn't just single-handedly destroyed an entire village.

I don't care for humans. They are filthy creatures. Monsters who always lie. I feel no remorse for what Sukuna did. 

Honestly, all I felt was warmth... love. 

For the first time in my existence, someone cared enough to get jealous. They cared that I existed. They care I was alive.

Sukuna cared that I might be taken from him.

You may call may sick. twisted. brainwashed.

But Sukuna actually cares that I exist. He's the only one.

To him, I am no monster. I am a prize.

"You know...If I didn't know better. I'd say you were jealous." I beamed up at him in mocking, allowing him to bury his face in my neck.

"No such thing. What have I to be jealous of? This mutt? No, my sweet I am simply honoring you in the way you deserve. This dog thought himself worthy enough to look upon you, to lust after you in my presence. He thought he was worthy of a goddess. I'm simply ensuring you are worshiped the way you deserve. With the finest silks and our endless kingdom... For you my precious I must burn the world in order to build a kingdom... no a monument worthy of you my sweet Selene."

I buried my face in his shoulder as well. I ignored the sobs of the Ramen Boy as he shook on the ground. 

I held him close as I felt warmth pool in my heart.

"Why is it you always reduce me to such a blushing mess?" I laughed into his shoulder as he placed kissed down my jaw and neck. 

"Oh my prize, there is nothing more satisfying than bringing a goddess to her knees only for me." He growled into my collar bone. 

Oh, Sukuna what am I to do with you...