Chapter 15

3rd Person POV***

The small village was alive with preparations for the spring festival. Decorations were being carefully placed as excitement filled the air. 

Children raced to complete the chores assigned by their parents with the promise of attending the celebration. 

As night fell, a rainbow of colorful lanterns lit the streets. The hum of joyful conversation and laughter rang out all around. 

The smell of dozens of different food stalls and the thousands of spring flowers flowed through the breeze. 

Among the crowd walked a couple, one that seemed almost out of place. 

They held an air of regal beauty, an elegance in the way they walked together. But there was also an undeniable danger surrounding them. Anyone who looked at them could sense it. 

They were calm and enjoying themselves, though those who saw them couldn't help but unknowingly add -for now

They walked like two gods, who decided to see what the humans so far below them found amusing. 

The Goddess had her arm wrapped around the God's. His fingers mindlessly tracing her hand as they looked around laughing to themselves. 

They were beauty, they were danger, they were power.

It was as if The Sun and the Moon themselves decided to attend the festival. 

Ryomen Sukuna led Selene to one of the food stalls. The markings on the girl's face changed and with a few powerful words they found themselves with a feast fit for a kind, free of charge. 

They sat underneath a cherry blossom tree enjoying their time together. Feeding each other, laughing and smiling endlessly. Always close enough for Sukuna to steal a sudden kiss before continuing whatever they were talking about. 

Her back laid against his chest as he mindlessly played with her hair.

For a curse bred to cause nothing but chaos and destruction, his eyes were remarkably soft when looking at his prize. 

So much love was held in his gaze. As if she was an extension of himself, the better half of his soul. 

"Tell me again, My prize." He whispered in her ear. 

She smiled a lazy, lovesick smile. Her words were soft. The same thing was said repeatedly the past few days at his request.

Warmth, all she felt was warmth. Like for the first time, the cold grip of loneliness couldn't touch her. Wrapped up in the heat of his embrace she felt safe, she felt whole. The sun shone through his smile and it warmed her entire being. 

"I love you, Ryomen"

The coolness of calm had burrowed into Sukuna's heart. It was as if the endless fire of his rage and hatred finally cooled. As if the calm cold of the night had finally come and allowed him to rest for the first time in centuries. The moon, that's what she was, promising rest and dreams, cooling the heat of hatred that plagued this hellish earth during the day. He felt whole, he felt calm. 

"I love you, Selene" 

An elderly man and his wife passing by smiled at the young couple. Soulmates, that's what they saw. Two parts of a shared being, one was incomplete without the other. 

They knew nothing about the young man or woman and yet they could see everything. 

The look of love that he gave her said I would burn down the world for your happiness. 

The unrelenting smile she sent him said you are the center of my universe. 

A love everyone desires but most never get. 

"Young love is beautiful isn't it?" The old man told his wife. Before continuing their walk hand in hand just like they'd done a thousand times before. 

Sukuna tucked Selene's white hair behind her ear, lightly pressing kisses crossed her face, completely unaware of the envious stares they got from onlookers. 

No one else existed around them. A blush coated her cheeks as he whispered some scandalous promises into her ears. He pulled her body impossibly closer to his own. 

A petal from the cherry blossoms fell onto the nose of the King of Curses. Selene laughed as Sukuna crossed his eyes to see it. 

Sukuna caught her hand as she reached for it. Kissing her palm and wrist, the petal falling down on its own. She laughed at the ticklish feeling. 

He smiled at her giggles, "You know your laugh was the first thing that caught my attention. Such a beautiful laugh. Then I saw you, tied up, bloody, the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen. So beautiful. You are my love. My heart." 

She smirked at him, "you love me more than Dango?"

"Know your place, fool." He joked burying his face in her neck. 

He stood pulling Selene with him. 

"Now what do you say we liven this dull festival up a little?" Sukuna grinned a bloodthirsty grin as he placed his forehead on hers. She smiled a small relaxed smile.

"Naughty, naughty. So easily bored. Truly Sukuna how can such an old man have the temperament of such a child." She smirked. 

"Watch your tongue princess... Sooooooo?" 

"It'll be a blood bath." She smiled, mischief lighting her features. "Sounds fun!"

And that nightmarish couple ended their wholesome date as they always do, with unyielding chaos.