Chapter 37

AS REQUESTED  !!!! WARNING  MAJOR SPICE AHEAD!!!!     IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT I WILL MARK THE BEGINNING AND END!!! ENJOY <3 😉 

Recap:

The smirk on my face only grew as I felt his cursed energy miles away in the city.

"Huh. I didn't know the filthy humans had a mission today. But no matter. It seems Ryomen is in control... I think it's high time I reunited with my Sun."

In seconds I stood in front of him. His taunting of the cursed womb halted as he felt my presence behind him.

He turned, eyes growing wide as he studied the familiar markings that were once again in their rightful place decorating my skin.

"Hello, my love... What kept you?"

"Hello, my prize. Hope I didn't worry you with my tardiness. You know not even death can keep me from you forever."

I smiled at him, for the first time in a thousand years I felt whole.

"Shut up you brat king and kiss me."

He was in front of me in a second, "As my goddess command." He teased hungrily attaching his lips to mine. Our foreheads rested against one another as he looked at me smiling, "Welcome back, my prize."

3rd PERSON POV***

The curse stood behind the couple shaking. It had been 1000 years since the King and Queen of curses walked the earth hand in hand. Their reunion spelled the beginning of the end. Like the four horsemen are an omen of the apocalypse, the two gods of destruction are an omen of unyielding chaos and misery. 

"Ryomen... can you finish that up quickly." The queen asked, referring to the curse. Without hesitation, Sukuna raised his arm and the curse was in pieces. He walked up to grab the finger lodged in the curses chest, consuming it immediately before turning his attention back to his long-awaited lover. 

He was in front of her once again. She melted under the heat of his vibrant red gaze. 

For a curse bred to cause nothing but chaos and destruction, his eyes were remarkably soft when looking at his prize.

So much love was held in his gaze. As if she was an extension of himself, the better half of his soul.

Warmth, all she felt was warmth. Like for the first time, the cold grip of loneliness couldn't touch her. Wrapped up in the heat of his embrace she felt safe, she felt whole. The sun shone through his smile and it warmed her entire being.

"I've missed you, my love." She whispered. Sadness and joy danced in the tone of her voice. A beautiful symphony of a broken heart made whole again. 

The coolness of calm had burrowed into Sukuna's heart. It was as if the endless fire of his rage and hatred finally cooled. As if the calm cold of the night had finally come and allowed him to rest for the first time in centuries. The moon, that's what she was, promising rest and dreams, cooling the heat of hatred that plagued this hellish earth during the day. He felt whole, he felt calm.

"I will never endure the pain of leaving your side again, my prize."

Their eyes said everything that their words could not.

Blazing, fiery red said, I would burn down the world for your happiness.

Sharp, cool gold whispered, you are the center of my universe.