Chapter 2

Sukuna's POV

I looked around at the chaos I caused. A smile stretched its way onto my face. The screams and the smell of ash overtook my senses.

I felt the heat of the fire ravaging this village. I stood still looking around.

It was nightfall when I arrived. I began my work under the eyes of a full moon. Beautiful, glorious chaos surrounded me.

"Where are you going? I've only just begun!" I mocked as the humans ran in terror. Ugh, I hate humans. Though human women can be pleasant at times. I smirk at the thought. It was not rare for a woman to throw herself at me with the hopes that I would spare her life.

It was always entertaining to see the look of betrayal when I took what they offered and killed them anyway. Stupid humans.

I had only just entered this current village and already people were running in terror. Someone from the town over must have escaped and warned them I was coming.

How annoying.

I walked down the main street. With the wave of my hand buildings were destroyed. People screamed in agony as I ripped them apart.

I grabbed another woman ready to kill. Her final words before I ripped out her throat were, "My Lord Tobio! Please save us!" I dropped the woman's body and looked at the man she had called out to.

A man stood there shaking. He was tall and built with black hair. Yet his expression was that of a scared child. His face filled with horror as I looked at him. He turned and ran as fast as he could away from me.

I slowly followed. It's more fun when they run. When I caught up to the man he had stopped. He was on the ground shouting. "Selene, please! Have mercy! Kill him and all will be forgiven! You will be free to leave! Please spare us!" The man sobbed. He was on his knees begging. How pathetic.

Then I heard the most beautiful sound that had ever reached my ears. I melodious laugh filled with taunting and bloodlust.

It wasn't until then that I looked at who the young Lord was groveling to.

The most beautiful woman I had ever seen laughed at the man's torment. She had long white hair that looked unruly and covered in dirt. Her golden eyes shined at the misery surrounding her. Her skin was tan and covered in black markings similar to mine. She was covered in dry blood. Her hands were chained to the post above her head.

Her smile was practically glowing. She had a certain power about the that made even me want to fall to my knees in front of her. She was magnificent. 

This Goddess looked down at the man and smiled, "Like I said yesterday, May this angel of death give you the punishment you all deserve. I hope this kind destroys every last one of you. Even if you were to free me the first thing I would use my new found freedom for... Would be to kill you all myself." Her smile grew even wider at the thought. Once again my ears were blessed with her angelic laugh.

Her eyes raised from the man and meet mine. I felt my heart stop in my chest as I looked into her golden eyes. Time stood still as I heard her speak to me, "King Sukuna... " My name rolled of her tongue like honey. I had never been so fond of my name as I was at that moment. I wanted to hear her say it again. And again. And again.

"And who might you be?" I asked with a smile. My eyes danced with interest as I looked at her. Who could she be? A goddess. A curse like me? She was no human that's for sure. I felt the power radiating off the cuffs that bound her. They were enchanted, keeping her trapped. I wanted nothing more than to free her and see what she could do.

"Selene." She told me. Her smile only brightened at the young Lord's horrified face. He had only just realized I was behind him. The man noticed my newfound infatuation with the creature chained behind him. I watched as an idea popped into his head.

"King Sukuna" He smiled trying to flatter me. It was amusing to see him try to mask his fear. "I want to make a deal. For you to spare my life." His voice shook.

I chuckled, "What do you have to offer me little lamb?"

"You may have Selene to do with what you will!" That greatly annoyed me. I saw Selene's beautiful face turn from taunting to angry.

"STUPID HUMAN! I am not yours to give! You have already forced your vile lips on me now you wish for me to be your salvation! I will kill you!" She snarled at him. One thing she said echoed in my mind, You have already forced your vile lips on me. THIS WRECH KISSED HER! I felt anger shoot through my veins. I gave a low growl as my eyes shifted from amused to furious. 

"And what of your comrades. You beg for your own salvation and yet you would leave your people to die? Humans really are disgusting... Very well Human! In exchange for the lovely Selene. I promise not to touch a hair on your head." I smiled at the deal.

He nodded his head accepting the deal. He unchained Selene... Now my Selene.

The second the chains dropped from her wrists I felt a wave of power explode from her. Tobio was thrown back from the force while I stood unfazed. I smiled at her.

Her eyes held a new fire in them as she approached the young lord. She didn't say anything to him. She simply whispered some enchantment and Tobio screamed in agony. Blood poured from his eyes and mouth as he took his final breath.

She stood looking at his corpse for a few seconds before she turned to look at me. "I did say I wouldn't hurt him..." I smiled. She smiled back at me. I had that same strange feeling erupt in my chest. "Come to me, my prize... Let's go." I held out my hand for her to take.

She stumbled over to me and grabbed my hand. When she regained her power she had healed all of her wounds but she looked exhausted. Without a word, I scooped her up into my arms. She let out a squeak of surprise that made me chuckle.

Oh my, sweet Selene...