Chapter 44

SELENES POV*

My eyes remained closed as I rested my head on Yuji's chest, his fingers gingerly twirling my hair in between his fingers. 

The golden light of the dawning day broke through the sides of the closed curtains, illuminating the room in a calming fire.

"I'm going out on a mission today with Nanami." Yuji broke the stillness of the morning. 

"Who is Nanami?" My voice hummed with sleep as I turned to look up at him.

"I knew you were awake Tsuki-chan," Yuji smirked with a playful pride. 

"Do you often talk to me when I am asleep? Just to check and see if I'm awake or not."

Yuji laughed placing light kisses across my cheeks and nose. He pulled me closer, his toned arms easily lifting me to lay completely on top of him. 

"You didn't answer my question, who is Nanami?" I asked again, burning my face in the warmth of his neck. 

"He's another Jujutsu Sorcerer. He's pretty cool, he's like a serious business guy and wears these cool glasses." 

"Well just be careful," I said placing a slow kiss on his lips. His face lit up at the affection, quickly flipping us so that he hovered over me. Before things could escalate any further a knock sounded on the bedroom door. 

We both stilled, looking at the door as if hoping whoever was disturbing their quiet morning would simply walk away. 

"Goodmorning!" Gojo's cheerful voice was muffled by the door separating him from the annoyed teens. 

"Just a second sensei!" Yuji called out. He placed one more quick kiss on my lips before hopping out of bed and throwing on more presentable attire. 

He walked to the door, sliding it open to reveal Gojo's shit-eating grin. 

"Itadori! Well, it looks like you've had fun. NOW BACK TO WORK! Nanamin is waiting for you!" Gojo's playful voice had an edge to it that I recognized immediately. It is the same vicious edge that Tooru Inumaki had all those centuries ago.

I would have to get in contact soon with Geto, Gojo had to go soon if I was to avoid history repeating itself. 

"Sure thing Sensei, I'll be right there." Yuji was about to shut the door when Gojo's long neck stuck through smiling at me. 

"And Tsuki-chan! You will be spending today training with your favorite teacher! So hop to it, get dressed in something pretty, we are going into Tokyo today!" Gojo smirked before giving a flamboyant farewell. 

"Extention"

The dark markings took over Yuji's skin and he was on top of me in a second. 

"You, my prize, are not going anywhere with that creepy sorcerer." Sukuna's deep growl vibrated against our connected lips.

"Well my love, unfortunately, I must keep up my facade for now if I'm to eliminate our biggest threat." My thumbs lightly traced the sharp edge of his jaw. 

"I don't like it."

"It's not about liking it, Ryomen. It's about creating an opening, a weakness. If we are to rid this world of Jujutsu sorcerers who would try to kill us, we must level the playing field. We are both weak and confined at the moment, it is only fair that we weaken their forces a bit. Rot them from the inside." A sinister smirk took over his face as he listened to my words. 

"If he touches you, rip out his heart." 

"Yes, sir" I smiled at the look that took over his face, fast as a lightning strike. 

"You vile bitch. You waited till I was almost out of time to make me horny didn't you?" 

I smiled brightly, placing a quick, noncommittal kiss on his lips before the markings began to fade. 

"Have fun with Gojo-sensei Tsuki-chan." Yuji's light voice whispered as he placed an excessive amount of kisses across my face.

Today would be interesting indeed. 

~~~~~~~TIME SKIP!~~~~~~~~

"OKAY TSUKI-CHAN! Here is how we're gonna train! We are gonna go on a little day date and YOU will make sure we get everything for free with your magic talky thing!" Gojo's hand tightly held mine as he practically dragged me through Tokyo.

"A date Sensei?" I played up the confused, adorable student act to an almost disgusting degree. He smiled down at me, though I couldn't see his eyes through the dark sunglasses I could feel his piercing gaze. 

"Hai! Please, take care of me Tsuki-chan!" Gojo's playful voice, to anyone else, would sound like he was joking. Like this whole conversation was just a bit, he was using it to lighten the mood. 

But I knew better. I was well versed in the manipulative nature woven into his words. 

The echoes of past traumas rippled around me as I fought to stay in the moment. I fought to not get thrown back to a time of pain, a time of never-ending cold.

I forced a smile onto my face. Pretending that I didn't recognise the predatory glint in his smile. Pretending I didn't hear the hungry edge to his voice. Pretending that every second I stood there with him, that I didn't see the husband who I ripped apart with my bare hands centuries ago. 

Pretending that the walls weren't closing in around me, even as we stood in the open space of tokyo. Pretending that I wasn't forcing my breath to stay calm and quiet. Pretending that the ringing of terror in my ears was just the hum of the busling crowds. 

"Where do you want to go first sensei?"

I was going to send this man to greet my foul husband in the after life, after I burned all he cares about to the ground. 

I will die a thousand times, to watch these monsters burn once.

And so I played along. 

I followed where he lead. I leaned into his side when crowds got busier. I held his hand and lightly traced his wrist with my other. 

I laughed at his not funny quips. I pretended not to notice when he took pictures of us together. I held down my vomit as he insisted on feeding me a spoon full of his ice cream. 

I did everything right, I played my part perfectly. 

No matter how dirty I felt, no matter how much I wanted to throw his arm off my shoulders, no matter how much I wanted to rip his heart straight from his body. I played my part. 

Because I would never again be the helpless victim. I refused to watch as they killed the only warmth I had in this world. 

I refused to watch these human scum douse the mighty Sun again. 

I would entrance them, I would use the gifts I have been given. I would fight and claw and slaughter. I would do anything if it meant I would never feel that icy chill of loneliness ever again. 

I will kill a thousand times, to watch the Sun burn bright once again.