Chapter 19

Cold.

I feel so cold.

I had lost the ability to cry hours ago.

I stared intently at the wall across from me. I kept seeing that nightmare over and over and over.

He's there. He smiles. He is taken away.

Again and again that smile haunts my mind.

But his eyes... dear god his eyes.

His blood red eyes filled with dread. His smile was soft and kind, but his eyes didn't match. He was afraid. He knew it was the end and he was afraid.

Why was I so useless. I couldn't reach him. I will never reach him again.

They took him away.

For the first time in a very long time I crave death. I would be with him again so what is there to fear?

I was numb with grief.

It's as if I was unable to process the intensity of my own pain, so instead I felt nothing at all.

My heart was taken from me. What more is there to live for?

'Promise me.'

He didn't come back so what obligation do I have to keep my promise?

I nearly didn't hear the human enter the prison of a room I was drowning in.

"Hello, my love. It's alright your safe now."

I know him.
How do I know him?

"Who the hell are you?" I spat.

I am helpless. My cursed energy was still out of me reach. But what's he gonna do.. kill me?

HA. That would be a service.

"I am Tooru Inumaki. I have loved you since I first laid eyes on you. And now we can be together!" There was something in his eyes, something completely unhinged.

Oh my god. ITS THE INSANE HUMAN! I remember him.

"You're insane! I'm a curse you fool! The only man I have ever loved YOU slaughtered! The only thing I would possibly have to do with you is slit you throat." Venom melted from my word.

I hate him. I want him to die.

I saw his eyes grow even more crazed as he begun to laugh.

A psychotic. Horrifying. Laugh.

"You think I don't know that? I learned all about you in my search for you, my heart! Here's the thing..." he came closer to me still laughing, "I DONT CARE! Not only are you by far the most beautiful creature on the planet. Not only to you possess an all powerful cursed energy technique. Bug you were HIS! What better mockery to my enemy then to take the only thing he ever loved."

He's actually insane.

"You offer me nothing! I would rather die. I WILL die. I refuse to live in a world void of my only light."

"And what if I told you that your monster isn't completely gone?"

My heart stopped.

No... I saw him... I WATCHED HIM DIE.

I am haunted by the sight!

" I can see the distrust in your eyes... SO let's make a binding vow... you marry me. Bare me, four... no FIVE children! And I tell you how to get your lover back. I will remove those cuffs upon the birth of our fifth child. I swear that if I'm lying I shall drop dead now... of course if you refuse I'll simply kill you.   so my pet... what do you say?"

The thought of this filth touching me made me want to puke.

I want him dead.

I swear I'll kill him.

...but.

Sukuna made me swear that I would live.

And if there is even the smallest chance....

I looked up at him.

The rat.

The human who killed my heart.

The man I hate more than anyone.

The man who will be my husband.

"...I agree to your terms."