Chapter 27

Sel-#%*)H$#!....Tsukiko?  Tsukiko's POV*

YUJI: AGE 15

TSUKIKO: AGE:14

A boisterous laugh in the rain. 

Cherry blossoms.

Blood.

Fire.

Ash.

Screaming people running from a monster I couldn't feel any fear towards.

a smile.

it hurt. 

Why did that smile that I don't know... and yet feel nostalgic for... Why does it hurt? 

The glowing red eyes of a monster I didn't want to run from.

"my prize"

I woke up startled by the feeling of someone whispering those words in my ear. My ear still buzzing from the sensation. I looked frantically around my room to find nothing but solitude. My heavy breathing and the hum of my ceiling fan were the only sounds filling my ears now. 

I have been plagued by these dreams for years now. Nothing ever clear, just images. 

Images of the red-eyed man. 

I never see his full face. Just a glance of his eyes staring at me. Just his smile that haunts me. 

I never get the full view. Only pieces of a puzzle, that makes a picture I've never seen. 

I sat up glancing at my clock. It's four PM (Hey don't judge finally went to bed at 9 am after a productive night of rewatching Naruto) and Yuji will be here at five. Well, he's supposed to be, knowing him he'll probably be here at 4:30. 

I got up and showered, cleaning off the light layer of sweat that coated my body. 

I put on my black sweat pants and a red sweatshirt. I simply let my white mop of hair do as it pleased. I don't really have any nice clothes that are made for the cooler weather. My mother only buys clothes that "show some skin " So my warm clothes consist of things I bought of things I've stolen from Yuji. 

There was a carnival downtown, that Aki festival,  celebrating the fall season. It was always a big event and Yuji and I loved going every year. 

"TSUKI-CHAN!" I heard the chipper voice of my best friend call from down the hallway. I laughed to myself as I looked at the clock. 4:30 on the dot, you never disappoint Yuji.