Chapter 17

A/N: HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE FLUFF BECAUSE IT ONLY GOES DOWN FROM HERE! ENJOY LOVELIES! AND I'M SORRY <3

3rd Person POV*

Night fell, and for the first time, the darkness was not an ally to the king and queen of Curses. The black sky brought with it an omen... an omen of tragedy. 

No stars shone on this night, instead ominous clouds separated the earth from the sky. 

The Gojo clan came from the south, the Zenin came from the north, the Kamo came from the east, and leading a small legion of non-clan member sorcerers to the west was Tooru Inumaki. 

No one lit any torches, relying on instinct for a surprise attack. 

They quietly crept through the destroyed village. Some gaged at the smell of burning corpse. One Kamo woman cried as she saw the body of a child lying dead. 

Ryomen Sukuna was a monster. Incapable of any sort of feeling. They had to save the poor lover of the Inumaki clan head. They all believed he was kidnapped by this monster. They were the hero's she had been praying for. 

There was only one house remaining in the horror of a village that still contained life. The largest house, once belonging to the village head, now housed the monster that killed him. 

"Ryomen... we're surrounded." Selene broke the loving air with her words. Panic filled her heat as she pulled him closer. 

"How did they mobilize so quickly?" Sukuna's teeth clenched in rage. 

He turned to her placing a kiss on her lips. 

"Stay here... I can't fight if I'm too worried about you to focus." Sukuna glared at her to further the seriousness of his words

"See I knew you worried about me!"   

"I called you a distraction. It was not an endearment you weirdo." 

"...Endearmant or not it's utter bullshit. I am not letting you have all the fun."

She tried to make light of the situation but everything in her screamed to run. But there is nowhere to run... they were surrounded. 

Traped. 

"Selene..." 

He grabbed both sides of her face gently as he said the one word that instantly made all resolve melt.

"-please."

The smirk melted off her face as she let the worry she was feeling creep onto her face. 

"I'm scared Ryo..." 

"...It'll be ok. You'll be fine."

She didn't recognize it then. That one alteration that changed the meaning of his words. 

Not we. 

He didn't say we'll be fine.  Because he knew. He could sense that this was the end of his reign as king of curses. 

Tonight he would die. 

But he would be damned if they laid a single finger on her. 

"Promise me.... promise you'll live. No matter what you HAVE to live, my prize."

Tears fell from her face, "W-why are you saying that." Her grasp on his wrists tightened. 

"Promise me..."

"....I-I ...Promise ...I Love you, Sukuna."

He pulled her in kissing her with every ounce of love he held in his body. 

His prize would live...

As he pulled away he places one final kiss on her forehead. "I love you... My prize." 

He pulled his Kimono on and turned to walk out the door. 

He didn't look back. He knew if he did, he wouldn't leave her. 

Instead, he straightened his back, held his head high, and forced a vicious smile onto his face. 

He was a king, and the second he stepped out the door everyone knew it. 

Sorcerers began to shake. Some even turned and ran out of fear. 

Gojo-sama stood relaxed a smug smile on his face.

Kamo- sama and Zennin- sama stood tall, ready for battle. 

And directly in front of him, stood Tooru Inumaki. He stood out from the others, he was practically buzzing with excitement. There was an unhinged edge to his eyes. 

"Ryomen Sukuna... You have haunted me for years... my everything has been building up to this moment." Tooru spat.

"Random boy...  I literally have no idea who you are. You hold absolutely no significance to me at all." 

"You have taken everything from me! You have destroyed so many lives! Tonight I will end the King of Curses and take back what is rightfully mine! I WILL HAVE MY SELENE !" Tooru hissed. 

Now that... that caught his attention. 

Everything went away as Sukuna zeroed in on the pathetic human. In a split second, Sukuna was in front of him holding him up by the throat. His claws dug into the man's neck as he let out a low bloodthirsty chuckle.

"I would love to see you try."