59

Zana watched closely as her master settled down to sleep. Her Harry always slept best when he was in this room. Zana however wasn't fond of this room. Whenever she told Harry he never listened; he just told her how beautiful she was and changed the subject. Sometimes she wasn't even sure he could understand her that well.

Either way he slept well and that was all that mattered. Even if that meant she wouldn't get her midnight lunch.

Zana lapped up the milk the nice lady had left for her as she debated on a nap. In the room with Harry's friends Zana had a very comfortable pillow that she slept on. There was no such thing here.

She guessed if the nap wasn't going to be completely desirable she might as well go hunting.

She took one last look at the sleeping Harry and left the room. Zana was sure she would find some mice to eat.

Zana came back to the hospital after a successful hunt. She jumped onto her Masters chest and fell to sleep. The perfect place to protect him.

A few hours later she was woken by movement. Her master smiled at her as he woke.

"Morning Girl."

"Morning Harry." She told him. He smiled and rubbed her ears.

"I could really do with a supply of that stuff for myself." Zana of course agreed. Harry deserved peaceful sleep. "Come on we better get ready for running."

Zana sighed and got down. She hated the running. There was no use for it. Just lots of loud people moving fast. It wasn't like they were hunting or going anywhere. Humans were strange.

Zana sat and watched her Harry do the running he enjoyed. Luke was another cat in the school; he sat by Zana in these mornings. He was a small tom cat; not a drop of the noble Kneazle in him.

Zana also was forced to socialise with the white rat Harry had told her not to eat. This rat annoyed her very much; with its twitching nose and infernal squeak. It would climb over everyone and Zana had to protect her from Luke many times. Zana was very happy when her Harry's friend picked the rat back up.

Zana Followed Harry in his usual trip to clean himself after his run. She was very glad her Master was one of the cleaner humans. Some could be quite filthy.

She felt a sense of purpose being beside her Harry. She would follow him until he asked her not to. He needed to have someone watching out for him.

He always fed her with his own meals and carried her when she got tired. He was good to her. So as an honourable Kneazle heir she would be good to him.

She sat outside the cold classroom; the long haired man wouldn't let her in the room. Obviously these adults were in charge of a room each. Harry almost always came out of this classroom smelling bad. He never seemed to notice being a human but she did.

The class with the cat lady was Zana's favourite. The lady turned into a cat sometimes. She reminded Zana of Grandma Fluffy. Zana hadn't seen her in a long time.

Anyway Harry was a great human. Maybe the best human in the world?

Zana was happy to have her own bed back that night. The human grandmother- what did Harry call her, Gran Zana thought- she sent Zana a very comfortable pillow that Harry placed on the one end of his bed. This was Zana's favourite place to sleep, she could see Harry from where she was.

"Zana come on." Harry lifted her from her sleeping position. He smelt clean. It must be Sunday. Just lately Harry had let himself relax on Sundays. This meant Zana herself got to sleep in. She liked this.

"Good morning Harry."

"Good morning Girl." He placed her back on the ground so she could stretch.

Zana followed Harry to the food room. She loved Sundays. Zana had to be careful with the amount she ate but Turkey bacon was served on Sundays.

Zana did have only one small problem with living with HER Harry. The Owl. The blasted self-absorbed bird. 'Oh yes I'm Hedwig, I'm so important because I deliver mail. I'm Harrys favourite because he smiles whenever he sees me.'

Zana sighed from her place- On Harrys lap by the way. Harry only smiled because he was expecting mail from his human families.

Of course Zana was always polite to the bird. It would upset Harry if they fought. She cared about Harry enough not to purposely upset him.

Suddenly Harry's attention moved from Zana. She moved expecting him to begin stroking her again but he didn't.

"Professor Flitwick has a message for you all."

"Yes hello." Zana followed Harry's gaze to the tiny adult. "I need to inform you all that two more pet rats have gone missing from Ravenclaw tower. If anyone happens to see them, please inform a member of the faculty; although I advise not informing Mr Finch. Thank you."

Rats. Yes. Zana wondered why the small adult worried about the rodents. It's not like they were important. They were delicious though. Zana loved turkey bacon but there was something about food that moved.

Suddenly Zana was lifted from her comfortable position to stand on the table so she was facing Harry.

"What's going on?"

"Zana did you eat those rats?"

"Now Harry of course I did. I'm a feline. I eat rats. It is a part of my nature."

"Zana?" He looked more closely at the cat.

"What?"

"Oh Zana. Those were pets."

Zana tilted her head kindly at the human. "Harry I love you but I really don't care. Neither of us was emotionally attached. Who cares?" The poor feline didn't understand the human codes of kindness.

"Now don't look at me like that. You can't keep eating people's pet rats."

"I only do it when I'm cheeking on the tiny human girl you like. It's not like it happens every day."

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Feed me more bacon."

Harry picked up the bacon and held it near her mouth. "You need to stop eating pet rats. This is the third time this year."

"If you think it's only three there's a lot of people who don't care about their rats."

"You're the best cat in the world. You know that right."

"Of course I do Harry. You're the best Human I know. But you'll be even better if you give me more turkey bacon.