Chapter 33: Project Cadmas

The sidekicks got to the burning Project Cadmus building about 30 minutes after they and the League had all left the tourist trap called the hall of justice. Wally had immediately seen two trapped scientists through a hole in the second floor wall flailing their arms for help. About half of the fire fighters stopped fighting the humongous fire to try and help them.

Wally used his speed to get the scientists onto the road by the other firefighters. Just as Wally and the scientists hit the pavement of the road, an explosion happened. Percy used her flight and her water powers to help the firefighters douce the fire. See, Wonder Girl was known by the public to help the police departments or the fire departments of a lot of cities.

Which includes Washington DC and the surrounding 150 mile area. When the fire was smaller and be able to be handled by the fire department, the 4 sidekicks entered the building. They needed information on the place.

The firefighters allow the team of 4 to investigate the building. Well, after the said that the building was not going to fall and kill them. They did find a elevator that was not supposed to be working at that moment.

"Umm, guys. I know that you know that our friend Annabeth is the only building and architectural expert person that I know. But isn't the elevator supposed to be shut off or something in an event of a fire?" Percy asked in a nervous tone.

"You're right Perce! The elevator should be off!" Wally said knowing the basic amount of elevator and fire safety that was drilled into him by the school board and Barry.

Dick moved past his friends to the nearby elevator. He was looking at it with scrutiny and the codes. Dick pulls up a halo-screen on his gauntlet thing and looks at the specs of a silver slip express elevator.

"Guys, the specs that I have say that this elevator does not belong to a two-story building. I just don't know how far down the well goes yet." Dick said as he continued to type away.

They all under stood that. Percy had learned from Annabeth a while ago that a 2 story building, the stairs would be exposed. It was common in 2 story buildings, sometimes 3 story, in the DC area to have no elevators, only stairs.

And if they had elevators, they would not be used for a different purpose. Like wheelchair bound people or people with crutches or anyone who could not use the stairs. And the elderly use elevators a lot.

"And neither is what Percy and I found in the files over there. It's very strange." Kaldur said pointing to the piles by the hole.

Earlier, before the elevator started going off ding by ding, Kaldur and Percy looked through the files that were thrown everywhere and the file cabinets. There very few files from the back part of a bottom cabinet that stated that there were more then 2 stories. They said floor levels for different departments.

Percy could understand if there was a basement that the building was built on and they used that. But from what the files said, Cadmus basically had 60 basements. And they all 60 extended past all four sides of the property line.

"I'm starting to have a weird feeling about this mission." Percy said as she started to bounce up and down nervously.

Percy sometimes had the feeling of demigod dreams while awake. And on her last mission that made her feel like this, she soon found out that it was Apollo trying his hardest to warn her about something.

This time Percy closed her eyes know how the god of prophecies works. That's when she saw flashes of her and her friends trapped somewhere. And she saw what looked like a younger version of her father.

"Like this is really not a building with only a few floors?" Wally asked already knowing and dreading the answer he was about to get.

Wally began thinking about theories about this building. Like if there were stories up in the air with invisible paint or something else making the building like this. Or levels underground.