Chapter 8: Percy's first quest

Dick 3, Kaldur 0, Roy 2, Wally 0, Apollo 2

Percy had been at the camp for a couple of weeks now. At night Martha would iris call Percy and help her with her Hera powers. And some of the Hestia powers too. As some overlap with each other.

Annabeth and Piper both help Percy with her sword fighting and archery. They were really surprised when Percy showed that she was very good at archery. Percy claimed that she spent a lot of time with the Green Arrow. An archer themed hero with very good eye sight clothed in green.

Percy said the arrow claimed that if she wanted to be friends with him, she had to know the skill. Percy showed the girls the bow and arrow set she brought with her. Said it was a birthday gift from the arrow.

"Why is it blue? Or more importantly, why is it Superman blue?" AnnaBeth asked

Percy bit her lip. How was she going to tell her friends that the man she called dad is Superman.

"I'm really close to Superman." Percy lied

Well it wasn't really a lie. It just wasn't the full truth. Percy was in fact close to Superman. And Batman and Aquaman and Wonder Woman and the flash.

All the hero's really. And loved their civilian personas. Like Clark Kent, Dinah lance, Oliver Queen, Dianna Kent, Bruce Wayne, J'ohn, Arthur and Barry Allen.

Now like it was said before Percy had been at the camp for a couple of weeks when she got word. While Clark had been off world at watchtower dealing with a locked up Deathstroke, Dianna was in metropolis taking a day off. She had been taken from home by Hades personally. With Hades thinking Percy took Zeus's master Bolt. They said because of that, there was really no struggle.

Percy was fuming about it. She screamed and yelled. She cursed. Percy spoke in the language of krypton. Something the other campers were not to familiar with. As they were used to English and Ancient Greek.

While Dianna was a demigoddess daughter of Zeus and could stay alive in the underworld a little longer then any other mortal she knew. Dianna was still at risk for death though.

Annabeth, Piper and Percy had decided to go off to the underworld. Before they left however, they visit Luke Castellan. The son of Hermes. The god Boundaries, roads and travelers, commerce, thieves, athletes, shepherds. Psychopomp and divine messenger.

Annabeth said Luke had all the stuff they needed for the journey. They received a pare of Hermes flying shoes and a shield that they forgot to pack. And also got a map for get out of the underworld free marbles.

Persephone, Hades wife, planted them all over the world so she could have visitors. Piper said that it was rumored that all the gods have a dozen of these marbles to give to demigods if they need to go to the underworld. And what they didn't know was that Luke stole the bolt and hid it in the shield he gave the girls.

On the way to get the marbles they needed, encountered Ares in Vegas right before they entered the lotus casino. He smiled to his goddaughter.

Percy was eating at big belly burger (thank you Bruce and Oliver for the bank account and for the debit card) with Piper and Annabeth when he walked up to them. And like Clark big belly burger was her all time favorite. They were sitting in an area of the restaurant were people would usually sit.

Now back to the war god. Ares said to the three girls that he would give them all the marbles they needed and take them to the underworld's gates if the get his trusty shield back for them.

And for one, Percy really didn't want to enter the lotus casino. She may act older because of how many galas she went to with Bruce and Oliver. But Percy is still a twelve year old girl. Percy readily agreed. She knew that her godfather loved that shield.

Using the skills she gained from the League, Percy easily retrieved the shield without anyone noticing. Annabeth and Piper were shocked on how stealthy their friend was. Ares on the other hand was not shocked at all. He knew of this training and liked it.

He also encouraged it to its fullest. When Percy got back to the others she started to hand Ares the shield. But he stopped her.

"Oh, no. This is not for me. I made it for you. I wanted you to use your training and get it for yourself." Ares said sweetly

Ares pressed a button on the helm and it transformed into a wrist watch that actually told time. The design resembled the shore. Ares strapped it to his goddaughters arm with care. It was placed next to the other one that was given by Bruce Wayne.

"Wear it with pride my little sea star." Ares said

Percy smiled at her godfather. She knew he loved her. Just like Hera does. Like Hestia and her father.

The war god then took the three girls to the gates of the underworld. He also gave them some drachmas saying to give them to the ferryman for transportation. They were surprised that the gates was the Hollywood sign.

The trio said the password and a door to a cavern opened up. They entered the cavern and the door sealed shut preventing them from exiting. It was gloomy. It had a year round Halloween feel to it.

"Damn. This is like if Oliver and Bruce got together and made a haunted house in each other's cities." Percy said

Piper agreed. She had heard about their decorations when they don't team up.

"Remind me to go trick or treating in Gotham and Star City." Piper said to Percy

"Yeah. We will go this year." Percy said

The trio walked further into the cavern until they saw a man next to one of those boats one finds in Venice Italy. And he didn't look happy to be there at all. It looked like he

"We need to see Hades." Percy said to the man while holding out the drachmas for him to take

The man took the drachmas and told us to get into the boat. On the way to Hades' palace the man told them about the souls they heard screaming from below. On how they were the worst of the worst.

Percy silently prayed that she wouldn't end up here when she passed. Soon they reached the palace. There was a fountain that was on fire.

"It's a good thing we don't have Grover with us right now." Annabeth said

"Why is that?" Piper said

"Because Hades May have hellhounds as his guard dogs and Grover is a Satyr." Annabeth said

Piper, Annabeth and Percy noticed that the palace was set up like a manor. As they walked down the hall to the living room area they were stopped by Persephone, Hades wife and Demeter's daughter.

"Who are you three?" Persephone asked

The Queen of the underworld looked to the three girls in front of her.

"I'm Percy Kent. And these are my friends Piper McLean and Annabeth Chase." Percy said

Annabeth and Piper let her take charge because of how she was raised. Percy was raised and taught to be a diplomat and take charge in a situation. Something they weren't.

"Why are you here?" Persephone asked

"We would like to talk to Hades. He has the only mother I have ever known here." Percy said

Piper could feel the sadness coming off of her friend. She wanted to comfort Percy but she couldn't. They had a job that needed to be finished.

"Follow." Persephone said

Even if it was one word, the three girls felt compelled to follow. She also made a gesture with her finger to emphasize her point with the word she used. They entered the living room. They saw Dianna sitting on one of the couches. She was talking to Hades.

Hades heard them enter. He then looked to them.

"Hello Niece." Hades said smoothly

He stood up and walked a little to the girls. It was like he wanted a better view of them then from his seat. Persephone walked back to her husband.

A/N: Keep voting for Percy's love interest. Will it be Wally, Roy, Dick, Kaldur or Apollo?