Chapter 23: Into the lions den

A/N: See note at the end.

Clarisse and Percy up came to the island they were really dreading. Polyphemus's island. The two girls were scared. With Clarisse having the worst of it.

They were going onto the island home of one of the most feared cyclops ever known. Percy could tell Clarisse was beginning to become uncomfortable. And this was understandable.

Percy heard the same stories Clarisse had heard. The stories were about how bad the cyclops on the island was.

"It's going to be okay." Percy said placing a hand on her friends

"I'm scared. This Cyclops is the worst of the worst." Clarisse said

"We're going to be okay. We're two of the strongest and most skilled demigods in camp, right." Percy said

"Yeah. We are." Clarisse said nodding

Not to mention that it's in Percy's blood to kill Cyclopes. But Percy didn't know that. The duo finally got off the ship. The island didn't sit right with Percy. So she got her sword out.

"You okay?" Clarisse asked

"Something doesn't sit right with me about this island." Percy said

"Maybe it's magic you're not familiar with." Clarisse suggested

"Maybe." Percy shrugged

Percy kept her guard up though. When Percy was looking around she noticed they were on very edge of the sea of Monsters. But she saw a formiliar island just 3 miles off of the coast. Percy smiled at the thought of the island.

'Themyscira. It's Themyscira.' Percy thought to herself with a sigh of relief

Percy turned back to her friend. She and Clarisse were sneaking closer and closer to the entrance of the monsters cave when they heard a familiar voice. Percy smiled to her companion. It was Grover Underwood.

He had gone missing by the time Percy left for Themyscira a couple of weeks ago. Apparently he ended up here. As a Cyclops's future bride.

Clarisse quickly took a picture with her phone of the satyr in a dress. Percy looked to her companion with questioning eyes. Clarisse laughed a little knowing what her friend was thinking.

"What? The other campers won't believe me otherwise." Clarisse whispered to the girl next to her

Percy shook her head knowing she was not going to convince her friend to delete the picture. Soon Grover snuffed them out. He excused himself so he could drag the two girls to his "room" before Polyphemus could smell them for himself.

"What are you two doing here?" Grover asked

Grover was in a state of panic. Because if Polyphemus smelled them, there will be hell to pay.

"We're here to get the fleece. We didn't expect you to be here." Percy said

"Why do you need the fleece?" Grover asked

"Luke poisoned Thalia's tree. She's dying." Clarisse said

The news saddened the satyr. Grover still blamed himself for what had happened to the daughter of Zeus. He wish it hadn't happen. Especially when it happened on his watch.

The three of them made a plan. Grover would try and distract the badly sighted cyclops while the two girls got the fleece from him. Or wherever he sat the fleece.

This wasn't going to be an easy task for the three of them. But when the plan went into action it went down hill. Polyphemus found out that Grover was a satyr. Percy quick zeta beamed Grover to camp.