Chapter 14: Gotham Academy

(Clark 29, Percy 13)

It was the very first day of the school year. Percy gotten home two days before so she could get her school uniform and supplies. Percy was in a not so new city going to a new school.

Percy had been transferred to Gotham academy by her parents. It was the day after her birthday when the transfer was completed.

Percy stood in front of the large school. She was smoothing out her skirt. This was her first time being the new girl. Gotham Academy was like her last school. The same school but three buildings for the elementary, middle and high schools.

She was in the middle school part with Dick in the elementary school. Percy couldn't begin to imagine what Dick was going through right now. He had been a homeschooled circus brat all his life.

Percy took a deep breath and went into the building. It was a lot different than the school in metropolis. It was a whole lot bigger for one thing.

Percy walked up to one of the teachers giving out the schedules. Percy was still nervous.

"Your name?" She said in a monotone voice

"Persephone Kent." Percy said

One could tell Percy was nervous. I showed in the way she wiped her hands on her skirt and the sound of her voice.

Percy was handed her schedule. She went to her first class, which was Ancient Greek studies. A class she had excelled at last year. This one was actually advanced Ancient Greek studies. This class dived further into the time. Percy loved the ancients.

A boy soon sat next to her. Percy looked to him. He had light brown hair, blue eyes and a nice smile. Percy melted under his smile.

But Percy began to wonder why this boy next to her had this smile. Only gods and demigods have that kind of smile. Especially when Percy was talking to Will Solace, the Stoll brothers and Leo Valdez this past the summer.

"Hi, I'm Roy Harper." He said holding out his hand to Percy

"I'm Percy Kent." Percy said shaking his hand

"I've heard of you." Roy said in a knowing voice

"Really?" Percy asked in a voice she mastered since she was five and had met the justice league at mount justice.

"See, I live with Oliver Queen and he and Dinah like to talk about you a lot." Roy said

"I'm only here because Oliver and Bruce Wayne love me." Percy said placing her hand over her heart and a smile

The class soon started. The teacher came into the room. Percy heard a familiar whine to a familiar wheelchair. To Percy's shock and joy, it was Chiron masquerading as Mr. Burnner once again. Percy's jaw dropped.

"Hello class. I am your teacher Mr. Burnner. And this advanced Ancient Greek studies. So if you didn't sign up for this class, please leave." He said in his teachers voice

He looked around the class to see if anyone had left the. No one had. Soon his eyes landed on Percy. A bright smile grew on his face.

"Oh, Persephone. Nice to see you again." Chiron said with a knowing wink

"Nice to see you again too Mr. Burnner." Percy said