Chapter 24: The reunion

Thalia has been invited to the Kent house for a barbecue by Percy two weeks after she was woken up. As Thalia walked into the backyard of the house she could hear the song Ashes by Stellar playing somewhat loudly in the background on one of those blue and orange portable ultimate ears speakers.

Thalia stopped in her tracks when laid eyes on him. The one person that she wasn't expecting to be at the house before she had gotten there herself. Especially since she hadn't seen in years. She thought he was dead for sure.

Killed by their father's explosive rage that resembled a raging storm. His name, Jason Grace. He had a head full of golden blonde windswept hair. Probably from his time using his powers to fly all the time.

Sun kissed tanned skin from his life in California. His arms looked strong, like he'd been working out daily for years. Sky blue eyes that were covered by a pair of California nerd style glasses that were similar to Clark's reporter style glasses.

There was a thin staple shaped scar on the left side of Jason's lips where he tried to eat a stapler when he was two years old. He was smiling, laughing and talking with Percy and two people who looked kind of like her. There was a look in his eyes that told the elder Grace sibling that her baby brother loved it here.

And that made happiness swell inside of the daughter of Zeus. Thalia was happy to see her baby brother again. It was something she had surely missed while she was away being a tree and at camp.

Sure the other day Thalia had heard Annabeth saying something to another camper about this handsome blonde guy named Jason she had met at a gala Bruce Wayne hosted in Gotham City. And how he was Percy's date for it.

But Thalia had written it off as a weird little coincidence. Even if he was her cousins non romantic date. Thalia walked over to the group of four. Percy noticed and smiled brightly at her elder cousin.

Percy made a sign that meant Lord Hades. And then Percy pointed it to the two Thalia didn't recognize.

"Hey Thals." Percy said

Thalia knew Percy was a very family oriented person. Especially on how Dianna and Clark hat raised her. So Thalia tried to be apart of the family Percy was trying to build for herself.

"Hey Perce." Thalia said

Thalia put on a smile that was trying to say that she was okay. Percy knew the smile was fake instantly. But she kept quiet about it though. She knew that Jason being here was a shock to Thalia's system.

"This is Nico and Bianca Di Angelo." Percy said pointing to Nico and Bianca. "And you may know who this is." Pointing to Jason.

"Hi." Thalia said meekly

Everyone could feel how awkward it was. Nico left to get something to drink then to help Clark with the grill. Bianca went to help Dianna with the other food. And that just left the children of Zeus and Poseidon alone.

Thalia looked to her baby brother. There was a look in her eyes that held some level pain and sorrow.

"I thought you died by dad's hand when I left." Thalia said

"Nope. Mom and I are still kicking." Jason said

"I'm sorry that I left. The arguments between mom and dad were too much to handle for me. Especially when I was diagnosed with anxiety on top of my dyslexia and ADHD." Thalia said

"I understand. That's why I stay here. That I have a room here. Dad likes to come down from Olympus every once in a while to see us. Mom found out what happened to you soon after it happened and blamed dad for it. And she became enraged about it." Jason said