Chapter 30: Will and Percy get piercings

While Bruce and Naomi were on their dinner date, Ethan and Alabaster took Will and Percy to get their piercings. It was the one thing that Percy really wanted to get. She was really excited about it when she was walking to the parlor.

"So the idea is make yourself ready for the pain. Like when you get ready for a blow from a monster. Or in Percy's own case, a blow from Clarisse or Antiope during one of her training sessions." Alabaster said making Will and Ethan laugh

"Or from Manta when he attacks." Percy mumbled to herself

No one knew about Percy's extracurricular activities that she did with her brother and the Justice League. If they did, their worry would be never ending. Chiron and the gods would probably try and stop her from doing what she liked to do. Well, Ares would know better then to stop Percy thinking that the missions were like quests.

Alabaster was the only one of the group to get any type of piercings. Robert Torrington didn't really care what his son did in his spare time as long as Alabaster didn't die or get arrested. That's all he asked of his son. Even though almost dying is part of the job description when you're a demigod.

Ethan was too much of a wimp to get any body part pierced. He loved it when he was fighting monsters and people with his sword, but the the thought of needles scared the living shit out of him. There is a possibility that the son of Nemesis wouldn't even get a tattoo because of the artist's needle gun thingy.

Then they came up to a shop that said, "Mariana's piercing parlor" over head shinning brightly in different neon colors. Percy had a little trouble looking anywhere near the store because of the lights flashing over her head.

In the shop Percy and Will both picked rings that king of looked like arrows for all the piercings. Well, Percy did pick a set of diamond earrings as a piercing for each of her ears. She was a somewhat materialistic teenage girl after all.

She needed something pretty and shiny. And Percy was no exception to the rule of girls liking diamonds. Once the healing process was over, Percy was going to get a pair of earrings that had sea glass dangling from them.

In the tradition of lady's going first, Percy got her piercings in before Will had his put in. It did hurt a little, but Alabaster's advise and Percy's high pain tolerance helped her a little bit. And for Percy, her earrings and lip ring were a whole lot more noticeable than her eyebrow ring.

Her eyebrow ring was a lot smaller than the others. Percy couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror. She was surprised about how she looked now. She wondered how her parents would react to this.

But Percy knew that Clark had signed the form when she asked to get the piercings last week. So he knew exactly what his daughter was getting into with going to the parlor.

When Will went everyone could see the tears swelling up in his blue eyes. The son of Apollo didn't really have the pain tolerance that his friend had. Hell, Will even didn't have the pain tolerance of his elder brother Roy.

The guy doing the piercings could not believe that the girl he did minutes before, was a whole lot more tougher then the kid that he was doing right now.

When Will was done, he looked in the mirror as well. He smiled brightly.

"Like what you see guys?" Alabaster asked this huge smile on his face

"Yeah." Will and Percy said in unison all giddy like

Ethan smiled and chuckled at the sight in front of him. He had loved his friends a lot. The group of four paid and left for the Solace house. They all kept talking and laughing on the way back.