Chapter 17: A year

"And that's what happened." Said Anne as we arrived at the front of the airport.

"You forgot to tell me something..." I said looking down at my phone from a text message.

"What? That's what happened! What else was there to tell?" she asked, I smiled.

"No DETAILS?" I asked, smirking and she pushed my face away.

"You have no room to know Mrs. Let's call my best friend while in the middle of it! Not like I heard you and Tom when I called this morning!"

"Did you talk about me?" I asked looking at her.

"YES! Their parents want to wants to meet you! But...."

"But what?" I asked, what was going on?

"I don't know if you know but a chick stopped by the house one day when I was there and her name was Nadia apparently and she was looking for Tom. She said she was his girlfriend or something but all I said was that he wasn't here. So I would ask him if I was you."

"He did mention her once during dinner one night and said they were a fling but they ended it so there was nothing to worry about," I said looking back at the text.

"Well at least we know that he doesn't have any eyes for anyone but you babe!" Anne said as she started to laugh as she got out of the car to help the boys.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at the text message. My anxiety was going up.

I looked up and sank in my seat

I looked up and sank in my seat. The one face I didn't want to see. He waved and I smiled as I unbuckled my seat and got out of the car.

"Hey," he said. His voice sounded the same.

"Hello, Avri." He was Jaden's older brother.

"Can we talk?" he asked

"You know where we are, don't you?" I asked, smiling and shaking my head. He rolled his eyes and opened his arms for a hug and I gave in. I hugged him and pulled away.

"Umm...I can't talk but you still have my number so call me later? I have to work in like a few hours."

"No. Let's meet up at Wild One's Club. Be there tonight. Jaden wants to talk to you." I went pale, that name made me uncomfortable.

"Why does he want to talk to me?"

"It's been a year Kia. It's time to talk."

"A year!?" The year was over. It was time to settle things with him. I took a deep breath when I heard my name being called.

"KIA! Let's go!' yelled Harry as he was poking his head out of the car.

"I'll be there...." I said slowly backing up.

"Alright. Oh, and Happy Birthday," he said smiling and walking away.

"Yep..my birthday." I turn towards the car and get in. I didn't want to talk to him but that was the deal. A year from the restraining order we would talk regardless of what the judge said. I get in the back next to Anne and rest my head on her shoulder.

"You ok?" she whispered, tucking the hair out of my face.

"Mhm..." I tear the feel from my eye. She wiped it and handed her purse. I looked at her and she nodded. I smiled and took the pills bottle out of the bag. It was her anxiety meds. She never really took them because it was getting better. They were mainly for me cause my anxiety wasn't as good as hers. I put my legs up to hide the bottle from the boys and took out three. I put them in my mouth and took a sip of my Starbucks and swallowed. I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Thank you, Anne..." I smiled.

"Your welcome babe..." She rested her head on my shoulder and we fell asleep.

Tom's Perspective

As we drove back, my eyes randomly glanced back at Kianna. She was crying but silent. Like in her sleep. Was she ok? I did see Anne had her in her arms which seemed like it was for her to know she wasn't alone or something.

"And she started crying...it was the best way to ask out any girl," said Sam. He was telling us about how he asked Anne out but I wasn't paying attention.

"Good for you mate," I said looking back in the mirror to see Kianna.

"Sam?" I asked.

"Yeah mate?" he asked as he was taking a picture of Anne and Kia.

"Would you marry her?" I asked.

"W-who?" asked Sam flustered, which made me and Harry laugh.

"Kianna dumbass," said Harry.

"NO!" he shouted, which woke the girls up. "Sorry."

"It's ok... but you can't marry her Sam," Kianna said, taking Anne's hand and kissing the top of it making her smile and laugh as she rested her back on Kianna. "We're already married." She held up their hand to show us the rings that they always wear.

"Sorry Bud.." started Anne before she yawned. "I'm already married. But I would make an exception for you in the future..." she smirked making Sam smile making me smile.

"Nooooo..." whined Kianna hugging Anne. "She's minnneeee!" said Kianna in a sleepy baby voice.

"Your mine," I said looking straight into her eyes through the mirror. She blushed and Anne laughed.

"Yeah...your dating." She said as she rubbed her eyes. "Come on! Let's get to set so we can go party with everyone!"