Chapter 27: Singles You Up

Author’s Note: This chapter goes along with the song Singles You Up by Jordan Davis. It’s on Spotify and I HIGHLY recommend listening to it when it says Song begins Please and thank you! That is also why there is no song for this part. It should go buy the music but you also might have to read fast. Also, these thoughts to the song will be italicized. ALSO, I am writing another book. Called The Teacher’s Pet. It’s in development but I will let you know when it’s finished developing! Thank you and I hope you are all doing well and are safe. And I love you 3000❤ •

Harrison’s POV:

It’s been weeks since we kissed! GOD! I can’t even get it out of my head. The way her plump pink lips laid on mine. Bloody Hell! And I really wanted to get it off my chest and tell her how I felt. I know she is with my best mate but ever since I met her. I never felt this way. A way here I wanted her to be mine. I had to tell her. I mean I shouldn’t I? I picked up some of her favorite flowers before heading over to her place. Which are orchids and pink hydrangeas. I made sure ahead of time Tom was out, which thank God he was. He said he was talking Spencer to the park and ice cream for a bit so Kianna could have some me-time. I ALSO made sure Anne was out which she was cause she and Sam were on a day date. So it was the perfect time to talk to her. I pulled up to her building and got the flowers and walked to her apartment but needless to say, I didn’t make it far when she was downstairs by the mailboxes getting a package that was way too big for her to carry.

“Do you need help?” I asked.

She looked up and smiled “Please. It’s my shelf for the living room since Spencer accidentally broke the other one.”

“OH.” I chuckled and handed her the flowers “These are for you. I remembered last night at game night that you mentioned these were your favorite and I just saw them on my way here and picked them up for you.”

She blushed and took them, smelling them, having her eyes stare deep into mine over the plastic holding them together. “They're beautiful...Thank you Haz.” She kissed my cheek and I blushed.

“Your we-welcome.” I bent down and picked up the box as she led me towards the elevator that lifted us up to her floor.

“Where’s Tom?” I asked, knowing exactly where he was.

“Tom? Oh...He’s out having uncle time with Spencer, they went to go get ice cream and go to the park while I stayed home and cleaned. My sister is coming tomorrow to pick him up sadly.” she pouted. I knew how much Spencer meant to her. He was her world. “But you know he’ll be back over here soon enough.” I smiled as she smiled and sighed as the doors to the elevator opened.

“Well... I know we will all miss him.” I said, as she nodded and opened the door. *song begins*  When she opened the door and let me in she followed only to trip over my shoes that I had taken off and fallen onto the floor. I set the box down and turned to her to see her cracking herself up. I help her up as she walks over her wine that was set on the table.

I ain't heard you laugh like that in a long time

I wonder if you stopped his world like you did mine just now.

I see you sippin' white wine instead of whiskey.

“Does he want you to be just a little more city?”

“What?” She turned around to face me.

“Well, I'm sorry if I'm overstepping boundaries I don't mean to be. But I've just got to tell you how I feel” I take a deep breath and step towards her.

She stayed put and pouted as I took her cup away but I caressed her cheek and smiled.

“If he ever singles you up, if he's ever stupid enough I'ma be the first one calling you baby”

“Baby?”

“If he ain't holding you tight if he ain't treating you right. I'ma be the first one calling him crazy.”

“Crazy?!”

“Cause girl, it's just a matter of time until you find that the right guy staring you back into your eyes, right now. No rush, but if he ever singles you up”

She took a step back confused. “Harrison, what are you talking about?”

“Ok, last night ok?! At my house, last night at gaming night.”

She nodded along with what I was saying.

“He hasn't even looked your way since you walked in. But I can't help it that I can't take my eyes off of you. Your favorite song just came on and me and you were singing along. And he don't even know a single word!” I picked her up and set her on the counter standing in between her legs. She looked scared so I kissed her head and placed her cheeks in my hands to keep her eyes on me.

“If he ever singles you up, if he's ever stupid enough I'ma be the first one calling you baby”

“Baby...”

“If he ain't holding you tight, if he ain't treating you right I'ma be the first one calling him crazy.”

“Crazy...”

“Cause girl, it's just a matter of time until you find that the right guy staring you back into your eyes, right now. No rush, but if he ever singles you up”

We look deep into each other's eyes. I push her baby hair out of her face.

“If he ever singles you up” I brush my finger across her lips.  

“Sorry if I'm overstepping Boundaries I don't mean to be, But I've just got to tell you how I feel.”

She smiles and cups my cheek.

“If he ever singles you up, if he's ever stupid enough I'ma be the first one calling you baby.”

“Baby.” She giggles and I place a tender kiss on her lips.

She hesitates for a moment before lightly kissing back and then getting nervous and pushing me away only to take her lips off mine to place her forehead against mine.

“Harrison...I can’t...we can’t”

“One date.”

“What?” She pulls away and gets off the counter.

“One date. That’s all I want.” I hold my hand out to offer to take hers. She was hesitant but then placed hers in mine fore picking my lips lightly and slow.

“One date. BUT I’m still dating Tom..so nothing...big..”