Aries's POV

I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining through my window. It looked like a beautiful day, too bad I would have to spend it at school. Today was the first day at Elmwood and I was kind of nervous.

I rolled out of bed to get ready. The time on my clock said that it was roughly 6:30, school started at 7:45. After putting on sport shorts and a white Nike sweatshirt, I headed into the kitchen to get breakfast.

It seemed as if I was the first one awake, which was great because I could use all the peace and quiet I could get. As if the universe was listening, Sag burst into the room wearing athletic sweatpants and a wrinkled T shirt.

    "Morning, Aries. You ready for the first day?"

    I nodded, "Ready to get bored to death if that's what you mean."

    Sag laughed, "That is exactly what i mean."

    He pulled out the loaf of bread and toasted two pieces. While we waited for them to be done I packed up my bag, I needed pencils, paper, other stuff that I was definitely not going to use.

    "Toast is ready." Sag called.

    I ran over, "Is Leo up yet?"

    He shrugged, "I don't know, can you go check we need to leave soon."

    I nodded and walked down the hall to Leo's room, careful not to trip on the mess from last nights hangout.

    "Leo are you awake? We need to leave." I asked, barging into his room.

    It was the same layout as mine only instead of my accent red color, he had yellow. In the center of the room, laying on his bed, very much NOT awake, was Leo.

    "You have got to be kidding me," I groaned, grabbing a pillow and hitting him with it.

    "Ahh! Aries what the-," Leo cried scrambling out of bed.

    "What are you doing! Its so early!" He's asked rubbing the spot where I hit him.

    "We have to leave in 5 minutes, did you even set an alarm?" I told him.

    He looked at his clock understanding crossing over his face, "I'm gonna be late!" And with that I left him to quickly get ready.

    Exactly five minutes after waking Leo up, he came running out of his room, one shoe on, the other in his hand, his bed head was fairly noticeable and I saw that he was packing his bag as he ran to the door.

    "What are you guys waiting for, lets go!" He yelled running out the door. Me and Sag followed him, rolling our eyes.

    "What class do you guys have first?" I asked them as we caught up to Leo.

    "I have Homeroom," Sag said.

    "Yeah me to," Leo chimed in.

    I nodded, that was my first class too, I hoped that I would have at least one person I knew in that class.

    The hallways in the school were empty, probably because everyone was already at class. We walked down a long corridor with a bunch of doors with names, I kept an eye out for room 172, my homeroom.

    "Well this is my class, Ill catch you guys later." Leo said opening the door and walking in.

    We waved and kept going, "This is my class, see you," Sag said a second later.

    I nodded and kept looking for my class all on my own now. As a rounded a corner, I saw it and sped up my steps hoping that my teacher was going to be good. I opened the door and saw a big room full of kids sitting at desks, the desks were in pairs of twos facing each other. At the front of the room was a young looking teacher with dark hair that framed her face, she had pale skin and a smile on her delicate face.

    "You must be Aries, come on in, the first day is always the hardest to find you class. I am your Homeroom teacher Miss. Crystal. You will be sitting across from Aquarius, if you need anything, just let me know, alright dear? She said smiling my way, I smiled back and nodded glad that I had heard a familiar name.

    I took my spot across from Aquarius, she seemed distracted by a bird outside. "Aqua?" I whispered.

    She snapped to attention turning my way, "Oh hey Aries, why are you so late?" She whispered back.

    I rolled my eyes, "Leo," She laughed quietly and turned her attention back to Miss. Crystal, brown hair swinging behind her.

    "So class today we are going to be getting to know your class mates, I want you to introduce your self to your peers and make some new friends by the end of the hour." I heard Miss Crystal instruct.

    At the given instructions a bunch of talking erupted. I turned to Aqua, "So, it was you who started the food fight yesterday?"

    She gave a small smile, "Yeah, it was pretty fun if I do say so myself." I laughed.

    "So, where are you from?" She asked me.

    "I lived in LA, it was great, what about you?" I asked back.

    She sighed, "I'm from Kansas, and no I did not live on a farm."

    "Huh, that's cool, I've never met anyone from Kansas before, was it nice?" I asked.

    She nodded, "Yeah it was great, the problem was, you never knew what kind of weather you would get, some days it would be nice and sunny and the next we would have a snow day, but I loved it."

    She seemed to miss her home and now that I thought about it, I did to. I missed my parents, sports, my friends, but I was glad that I could make new ones.

♈︎

This chapter took me ages to write so I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while. I recently came up with a great book idea and I can't stop thinking about it, but I'm going to finish this book before I start on that one. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

QOTC: What is your favorite genre of book/movie?

-V