62. How You Act When They Have A Nightmare

The Joker:
His nightmares are very detailed and terrifying, sometimes when you are up late either trying to go back to bed or reading you can see him toss and turn. You would gently place a hand on his arm and rub it very softly, you don't want to wake him so you stop when he stops moving around. You are afraid of what his nightmares could be about seeing how much it seems to pain him but as soon as you touch him he settles down. He's so stubborn, he will never say how much he needs you, but you're the only one that can calm him when he is having one of his extreme nightmares.

Dr Jonathan Crane:
He would never tell you if he has a nightmare, he doesn't admit it to himself either, but you can tell. He doesn't sleep often and when he does he always has a realistic nightmare, sometimes about him getting beaten or killed by Batman, but most of the times it's about you getting hurt by him since you've both had frequent run ins with Batman. You immediately wake up when you get the feeling that he is distressed and watch him for a moment, if you know it's getting really bad you would gently shake him. He would tell you everything's fine but the look on his face tells you other wise, so you would whisper, "it's okay, I know what it's about, he's not going to hurt you, not now." then you would hug him tightly, he doesn't admit it because he doesn't want you to know that he does have a few fears, Batman and losing you.

Roman Sionis:
"I just want to sleep, why do they torture me here. I thought I got rid of them." He would say in a very pleading tone. His nightmares aren't that frequent but anytime he has one he needs to wake you up. They are always about his parents, they neglected him, he couldn't handle it. Things happened, he can't change what he did for revenge but his choices still haunt him. When you are sleeping you feel a gentle shake and flicker your eyes open and see Roman sitting up on the bed, his hair is a mess and you see a painful look in his eyes. You would immediately sit up and stare at him comfortingly and ask him what happened, and he would tell you. The tortured screams of his parents and their faces in his nightmares haunt him. So you would wrap your arms around him and whisper to him, "Don't let them get to you like this, they're gone, they can't hurt you anymore." Which is followed by a powerful kiss.

Two Face:
His accident taunts him every night. Each night he just relives it, he relives the pain and the burns. Each time you go to bed you make sure you are close to him so he can cling onto you for comfort, but you wake up in the middle of each night to check on him. "Please...no...don't." He would mumble as you're awake, you lean in and gently kiss his unburnt cheek and his eyes would open slowly, he would look up at you and not say anything for a moment, you notice him shaking when he does this. After that he would whisper, "thank you gorgeous." and then you'll lay back down besides him and gently rub his cheek with your thumb and talk with him for a bit wanting to calm him down.