Arrive to Investigate

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Tuesday and Wednesday weren't as busy as opening day. Same for the service on Thursday, but they still received a good portion of patrons. Thankfully, service never slowed down too much to the point where they were twiddling their thumbs, and it kept Anita and (f/n)'s minds off of the problem in their storage area. Scarlett and the waiting staff simply were told that they were looking into expanding the storage area.

When their staff left, though, they put a table back in front of the storage area door, which eased their minds a bit. They shared the same room at night, and they didn't go into the storage area alone ... well technically speaking. Anita would stand at the top of the steps and keep the door open. Luckily, they hadn't heard any new sounds from the wall, and they wished that they had moved into a town where building plans were required to be kept on record. No plans had existed when they had purchased the property, but they had moved in and were doing well business wise, so they didn't want to pack up and move out when they just got settled unless it was absolutely necessary.

To help keep her mind off of the creepy space, (f/n) tried to get more information out of Anita on her boyfriend, but her friend still wouldn't budge on the matter. Anita kept telling her to wait, and that she'd get to meet him in the future. Even after a few glasses of warm whiskey, Anita wouldn't tell her anything more on him.

Much to both of their relief, however, it was almost six in the evening. The contractor would arrive soon, and they finally could figure out what was going on in their storage space. Both of them sat at their usual table in the one dining room. They had the three chandeliers and a few other lights on in the building. Anita had a glass of ginger ale, wanting to hold off on the liquor until after the contractor left. (F/n) had a glass of iced water, and she was tapping her left fingers on the tabletop while she occasionally listened for anything coming up the storage area stairs. There was no table in front of the door, but it was locked, so there was that much.

Immediately, both of them looked up when they heard a knock on the door. (F/n) got up, and Anita walked behind her. Opening the door, (f/n) saw a man of about five feet and nine inches standing there, who looked to be in his early forties. At the moment, he was wearing a dark green button-up, black pants and a tool belt, and his auburn hair was slicked back. Both of them could see equipment in his truck. "Hi," he held out his right hand, and (f/n) shook it in greeting, "it's Jason."

"(F/n)." She stepped aside and closed the door after he entered.

"So, what exactly did you two need me to look at." He wore a polite smile as his blue eyes looked between them. "You never told me on the phone, just that you needed me out here." Both women shared a glance, and (f/n) figured that she'd be leading the way.

"Well, there are no plans for the building, and we need you to look at a wall." She started to walk towards the storage space, and Anita followed behind both of them. "It's in the storage space. Back on Monday, we heard sounds coming from it."

"What kind of sounds?" he asked as she unlocked the door, opened it and turned on the light.

"Like muffled pounding." Already, she could see the confused expression on his face. He had noted that the wall was stone and that small animals usually didn't make pounding noises in the wall. There also should be no large enough spaces for one to crawl through. She stopped when they reached the bottom, but she left enough room for him to stand beside her and look at the wall. Anita came down, though reluctantly, but she remained on the lower steps. "I know it's odd, and that's why we called you out here. We didn't know what to make of it."