Epilogue

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Two months had passed since the incident at Café Rose Tea. Legal proceedings still weren't over, but they'd be handled in time. Anita remained locked away; her parents refusing to pay bail for her after everything she did. From what (f/n) heard, they did visit her from time to time, but the interactions weren't pleasant. Even after a couple of months, Anita refused to see how her actions were horrible and stuck to her story of how she was the defender and not the attacker.

As for Kaleb and Tristan, (f/n) hadn't heard from either of them. Her parents did occasionally talk with their parents to discuss covering bills as both families had promised, but they told her not to worry about it and that they didn't want her having to engage with either man or their family unless she had to. (F/n) didn't mind, though; she wished that her parents hadn't accepted the help from them, but she also could understand why they made that decision. She hadn't seen the bills after insurance since her parents wouldn't allow her to, but it sounded like they were pretty expensive. And, her parents weren't exactly wealthy either, especially after they had been kind enough to help fund her prior dream.

This time, she wouldn't ask for a loan from them. She was staying with them and not having to pay rent, utilities or food costs, and she felt that was generous enough of them. Besides, she could've stayed with the business and found a new chef, but she had decided to close it. Her parents did offer to help her again, but she declined it. Given what happened, she knew that she could get a decent loan and buy a smaller place than Café Rose Tea. It did help that she had paid all of her bills on time in the past, so her credit history was solid; it was just her income that would lower the loan amount.

Presently, she hadn't taken out a loan and bought a place yet. She was looking, though, and she had an idea for the place. This time, she'd be the sole owner, but she already did have a staff member. Out of the four members from the café, Scarlett decided to stay with her. In fact, they worked on the idea together, and Scarlett, thankfully, was fine with not owning the place, but she would be the head chef.

As for the others, Hal remained in Duskriver so that he could continue to help out his brother with his nephew. She already had given him a recommendation to the owner of The Iron Clipper, and he transferred to there a week after the incident, working as a server and learning how to be a bartender as well. Apparently, Blaise was going to put in his resignation in mid-May anyway since he was heading off to graduate school for a PhD in education and was starting in the summer. He had been working as a server on his off-semester to earn a bit of extra money.

Cassidy looked a little irritated at the news, but she also understood where (f/n) was coming from and remarked, "Well, I guess it's good that I'm not working for some crazy chef anyway." Like with Hal, she gave Cassidy a recommendation to where she applied, and she landed a serving job at a fine dining restaurant in Duskriver.

At the memory of where they all went off to, she smiled in particular when she thought of The Iron Clipper again. Before she had returned to her hometown, Windroad, she had taken the staff to the bar, and they all had shared some drinks together. Scott even joined them for a bit, and she was able to say goodbye to him and thank him for everything again before she left.

Concerning Scarlett and her plans for the new business, they were going to open another café, but it'd be different from Café Rose Tea. Scarlett happened to love reptiles and wanted to continue to focus on cooking and baking for her career. So, they came up with an idea to open a reptile café. They had to work out which reptiles to get and how to place their habitats around the café while still creating a comfortable and pleasant eating environment. Which left them to finding a building that would complement their idea well.