Navigate to Attain

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. Also, there will be four chapters posted today instead of two since next weekend I won't be online due to other commitments. Thank you for understanding, and I hope that all of you have a good evening/afternoon/morning ^-^! 

Exploring Kaleb's parents' company, Platinum Investments, led to ... well not much. If anything, it made (f/n) eat her bites of ice cream a little more aggressively. Lee didn't comment, but he found it very entertaining. Truly, his expressions not being seen were a benefit some of the times. The company webpage was laid out decently, and information about receiving an investment from them was easy enough to follow. It was a perfectly planned out website, and the list of accomplishments they had in helping businesses succeed was ... quite a bit.

All of the businesses that had their help left positive reviews. There wasn't a single nugget of information that might hold any of them in a bad light. Instead, she had to stare at Kaleb and his parents smiling proudly. She wanted to punch the smile off of him and was almost tempted to leave a review that would ruin his name. Unfortunately, that probably only would make her look bad, and Kaleb would be able to pinpoint it back to her most likely based on their past interactions unless he pissed off others.

Ultimately, that was what she needed. She required someone to say something bad about him. See if he had tried to do what he was doing to her to anyone else and see if he had succeeded in doing so. He had money, so he could've paid the person to keep quiet, but she didn't know. There was a chance that someone had written something awful about him that was true. With his personality, he must've pissed off others besides just her; he must've used others like he was with Anita.

When she was finished with her ice cream, she set the spoon down and roughly combed her fingers through her (h/l) (h/c) locks. Her elbows rested on the table, and she groaned. "There's nothing on there. Probably anything negative they erased," she muttered, annoyed. "Of course, it wouldn't be that easy."(F/n) glared at the screen before she grabbed her laptop and slid it closer to her. Lee made no motion to stop her. Instead, he began to work on a note, but (f/n) didn't pay that any mind currently.

Proceeding to look up the company but not going directly to the company site, she tried to gauge if there were any negative reviews somewhere else. It'd take longer, but she knew that there had to be a negative review out there somewhere despite the money that the company possessed. First, she went to a job site to see what employees said. That'd be a good start. Maybe, Kaleb had hurt one of them. (F/n) knew that was a horrible thought to have, and it'd be better if he hadn't, but her mind was desperate for something despite it being only the first day of beginning her plan against her ex best friend, Anita's boyfriend and Tristan.

All of the comments on the first couple pages were positive. She even checked what position the people held, and they were at all levels in the company. Maybe, they faked the reviews. That wouldn't surprise her. Before she could get any further, Lee slid his note over to her. Briefly, she glanced at it. Maybe, it'd be helpful also to think of how they plan to remove your ownership of the café. You both co-own it after all, right? If you think of that, it might lead to where some d*mning information might be against Kaleb that'll convince Anita to cut off her ties with him.

Pausing, she gave the note some thought before she sighed, and an annoyed, disgusted frown touched her lips. "Well, Tristan's part of that. If I willingly work for his company and quit here, I'd be giving up my share of Rose Tea." A rough sigh left her. "Anita and I made our co-ownership so that if one of us leaves, the other takes control of the company." Her expression became painfully bitter. "It was our dream ... Or at least, I thought it was. So if the other left, it was breaking that, and we thought that was a good consequence for leaving."