Coffee to Call

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Even though they had walked, getting to Cup of Pastry didn't take too long. There weren't even that many people within the establishment, so ordering didn't use a lot of time either. How was she supposed to stall until the meet-up at The Iron Clipper if everything went by quickly? Not to mention that Tristan was expecting a kiss from her soon, and she didn't want to kiss him in the hotel. Not that she'd let things go to another level, but she might have to expose the plan to get away from him if things got out of hand.

Internally, she was groaning. Outwardly, she was tearing off pieces of the cinnamon roll in front of her and popping them into her mouth. Tristan hadn't stolen a piece yet, much to her relief, and they were talking about how their days had gone since the pool. Work for both of them had been about the normal, but Tristan did bring up the wedding anniversary. She had a feeling that he was implying something by the question that she'd rather not even entertain the idea of.

Reluctantly, she went over the details, but she mainly focused on how it kept everyone busy. She did admit that it was fun setting up the decorations, and he looked far too interested in that point. Hopefully, it just was because of his interior designing background. When her cinnamon roll was finished, she sipped some more on her blackberry tea and switched the conversation to what plans he was creating next and to give her a basic idea of them.

She hoped that he'd talk for awhile, but her plan backfired. Instead, he brought up how he could show her at the hotel since his latest ideas were on paper there. At that point, (f/n) really wished that there was some magical portal under the table that'd take her back to Lee. Unfortunately, there wasn't, and he already was grabbing her left hand to guide her back there. Barely, her feet followed, and when he peered back to question her on the matter, she gave a sheepish smile. "Maybe, the cinnamon roll is making me a bit sluggish." Laughing lightly, he nodded in understanding and slowed down his pace. "Thanks," she answered and stepped out of the shop with him soon after.

"You're welcome. That cinnamon roll was bigger than the last one I think after all." He chuckled a bit. "And, I didn't steal any this time."

"I know; I'm surprised. I thought that you would." Her eyes glanced up to him briefly, and he smirked back.

"I decided to give you a break."

"How kind." She rolled her eyes playfully, but she was more focused on how they were getting closer to the hotel. They walked across the street, and the building only grew closer. A couple of turns, and they'd be there. Thankfully, they got stopped at a light, and she wished that the light would be like that for at least an hour, but it, maybe, only lasted a minute.

Much to her displeasure, the hotel, Duskriver Suites, came into view. It was three stories and had peach paint over it with cream paint along the various windows. The wooden double doors were polished and had brass handles. (F/n) wondered which room was his, and she hoped the first floor so that she could leave through the window.

Stepping into the parking lot, Tristan headed for the entrance. She glanced around and didn't see anyone. Her heart was racing but not in a good way. It was now or later, and later was worse since she didn't know what would happen beyond those doors. Completely, she dreaded what she was about to do. (F/n) finished her drink and tossed it in a nearby trashcan before she tugged on his hand. Tristan stopped and looked to her. Before he could process what was happening, she leaned up and kissed him. Goodness, she hated every second of it, and she wished that she had moved away fast enough, but he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.