Introductions to Hate

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

What picture? She knew the other person was Kaleb. So that meant that the other had to be Tristan, right? Whatever the case, she knew that she wasn't supposed to be hearing the present conversation. No wonder the two of them weren't in the restaurant yet, and Lee's warnings crept into her mind at full speed. But, maybe, Anita didn't know about Tristan and Kaleb knowing about each other. Perhaps, Anita really only did know Tristan from meeting him in a bar during her culinary schooling. Something told her, though, that such a conclusion was far from the truth.

Anita only had mentioned Tristan after Kaleb came into the picture. Maybe, she had met Tristan at a bar during her schooling, but why wait to mention him to her if she loved double dates so much? Lee probably would be smirking and telling her, "I told you so." It pissed her off, but she couldn't shake the thought from her head, not when she heard that Kaleb and Tristan knew each other through their parents.

"Anita gave it to me to send to you when I told her about you. Thought you might need extra convincing." Kaleb laughed. "Looks like it worked." Almost, (f/n) slid down the wall. So, Anita did know that they knew each other, and she hadn't met Tristan in a bar.

"Extra convincing?" presumably Tristan chuckled out. "Well, I suppose. I do want someone attractive for my wife. And, that photo certainly convinced me. Based on what you've told me about her, I'm surprised that Anita even got that shot of her." Now, the pit in her stomach felt like a massive boulder.

"Well, apparently, she hadn't been aware that the photo had been taken of her. Anita only got it recently." As if things couldn't get worse, Anita was now taking pictures of her without her knowing. Just what picture had she taken? "Apparently, it had been after a shift of work, and (f/n) was too tired to notice." (F/n) leaned back against the wall, and she barely managed to hold tears back. Anita was working behind her back. She didn't know yet why, but the conversation clearly indicated that something odd was happening between Kaleb, Tristan and her.

"Makes sense." Tristan paused before he chuckled. "No wonder the buttons on her shirt were undone that much and she looked tired." She felt sick. Really, really sick. How she wanted to bolt and leave, but that'd cause a scene. That'd tell them that she had heard their conversation, and she didn't know what would happen. Not all of the details of the situation were given to her; she only had bits and pieces. But, those were enough to make her feel awful. "I wouldn't mind making her that exhausted."

Yeah, she wanted to puke. "Just remember not to tell her that. Or, you might not get a second date," Kaleb joked, and Tristan laughed in response.

"I know how to play nice. Don't worry," Tristan responded back, and she didn't want to hear anymore. She pushed herself off of the wall and headed into the bathroom. (F/n) didn't care if they still were talking; she didn't care if Lee would get pissed that she didn't stay around and listen longer. No, she was done, especially since she had to have dinner with those two. Acting would be her best friend, especially since she didn't even know what to think of Anita's involvement at the moment. Perhaps, like a void had consumed her? All she knew was that it felt terrible, especially since her supposed best friend really was going behind her back for some reason.

If she stayed longer, she might've heard why Anita was giving Tristan a secret photo of her. She might've heard why the three of them were working together behind her back, but she didn't care in that moment. It might've been foolish, but she could only take so much. (F/n) closed the bathroom door behind her and locked it. Right now, she couldn't even cry. Someone would hear. Then, they'd know unless she made up some good excuse, which in her present condition she couldn't think of one.