Dress to Club

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

They spent about another twenty minutes outside, lying back on the grass and just enjoying each other's company. At one point, Lee brought out the laptop but not for researching. Instead, he showed her the dress he mentioned, and she had to admit that she did like it quite a bit. It was cute and looked perfect for the warmer months. Then again, she shouldn't have expected anything less from Lee due to his background in fashion.

After she approved of the dress and ordered it, they talked about the picnic and how they should have it once they acquired what they needed to in order to break apart Anita and Kaleb. (F/n) didn't see the smirk upon Lee's lips at the image of watching Anita break down in front of them. Killing her afterwards still would satisfy him more, but he'd hold back for (f/n).

Thoughts of Anita during that time didn't last too long. Rather, Lee focused more on what their date would entail: her in the beautiful mint green dress, sandwiches that he'd make, which he presumed wouldn't be that hard to put together, drinks and a cozy blanket that they could lay on. Of course, she'd be the only one eating and drinking, but he wouldn't mind. Just spending time with her would be enough for him.

And, all of it would be under the warm sun. Like today, he'd get to see it highlight her natural beauty all the more. Even if it rained on that day, he wouldn't mind. Lee imagined that she'd look just as incredible with hair stuck to her face and droplets of water decorating her skin. Not to mention her lips in particular. When that thought came upon him, he couldn't help but glance towards them. Much to his delight, they shared another kiss before they pulled away and reluctantly went back inside.

While Lee plugged in the laptop, he insisted that she go up and take a relaxing bath. He'd get started on researching for the first club's name and put together a plate for her from the leftovers of what Scarlett made that day. Thankfully, Anita hadn't noticed that (f/n) wasn't eating her leftovers anymore. Anita must've been too concentrated on her plan with Kaleb and Tristan 'working' to pay attention to much else anymore even though she had proven to be observant in the past.

Not that either (f/n) or Lee minded; it made things easier for them. It seemed that as those three's plan progressed, Anita grew less and less able to read (f/n). Lee found that to be an improvement in their 'friendship' since it drew (f/n) farther away from that toxic b*tch. Admittedly, Anita was doing a lot of the heavy lifting herself in that department; he just had placed the doubt in (f/n)'s mind, and things began to fall into place. Plus, he had no issue being supportive towards (f/n) and becoming closer with her while Anita grew distant.

Unfortunately, the search for the club wasn't drawing up anything so far. He had clicked on the image with Kaleb and those other four people and proceeded to look up similar images on the browser. Some places looked similar but proved to be different upon closer inspection. Eventually, he took a break so that he could prepare (f/n)'s food and have it ready for her by the time she came down.

Timed accordingly, he had the beef stew reheated along with a side of buttered bread. Just as he set it on the table by the laptop, along with a glass of chardonnay, (f/n) came down and hummed pleasantly at the delicious smell. "I think that Scarlett is becoming a better chef than Anita," she commented, taking a seat after Lee pulled out the chair and pushed it back in, which she thanked him for.