Interior to Converse

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Next to him, unfortunately, (f/n) sipped at her root beer as Tristan went over plans for designing a family room. He showed her pictures of the cleared out space in the house, and she'd be lying if she said it wasn't a gorgeous area. Large windows served as two of the walls so that the house was able to overlook the valley as well as the infinity pool outside from multiple angles. Light flooded into the room, and the floor plan was open so that the kitchen could be seen. White paint decorated the other walls in the space. Overall, it had a very modern feel to it.

It was for that reason that she was surprised the homeowners wanted a more antique feel brought to the place. She would've expected something that would be more modern for the furniture and decorations too. The homeowners wanted the furniture to be black, white, blue and pink, and blue and pink were meant to be bold and bright. "I feel like they should've selected a different house," she truthfully muttered as she held the tip of the bottle to her lips in thought.

Honestly, she could care less about how he decorated the room, but she acted interested for the sake of fooling him. Tristan released a chuckle as she took a sip from the bottle. "That would make my job easier, but I like the challenge." He smiled and pulled out some other protected sheets of paper. "It'll require custom furniture for some of it, but the couple doesn't mind the extra expense." Passing her the papers, he waited for her opinion. "What do you think?"

"Are they open to gems? Might be a good way to bring in the color and antique feel while keeping it modern." She wasn't an interior designer, so she didn't know if that was even an accurate statement to make, but he hummed in thought and nodded as she handed the documents back to him.

"Maybe, in the lighting and any drawer handles for the dresser in the space." Tristan smiled. "Yeah, I like it." He looked to her eyes, and she met his gaze. "I knew that you'd be helpful."

Rolling her eyes, she shook her head in fake amusement. "No problem." A small smile rested on her lips before she took another sip of her drink. Tristan grabbed a pen and took the paper out of the covering to make the note before he put it back in. "You're even taking notes." She quirked a brow. "You could've just taken the advice and ignore it later. I wouldn't have known otherwise."

"No, that would've been rude and disrespectful. Plus, I really do like the idea, and I asked for your input." He already was rude, disrespectful and not to mention a pervert. Disgustingly, he probably had an old picture of her in a swimming suit thanks to Anita.

Slightly, she smiled again. "Well, thanks. Though, you really didn't need my advice for any of that." She chuckled a bit. "You seemed pretty confident in your decisions already on that whole room."

"I am, but I like running my ideas by someone else." He set the papers aside and leaned back on his hands. She really hoped that he didn't try to put an arm around her. "And, you're important to me." If he was referencing that he was calling her his girlfriend, she didn't comment. (F/n) didn't want to change her status if she didn't have to.

"Th-" (F/n) didn't get to finish her thank you since she practically jumped when arms wrapped around her from behind. Her jacket got wet from the water on them, and droplets dripped underneath it when the individual rested her chin on her right shoulder.