Chapter 5

Jaidee

A lot has gone on for the past 2 weeks. There was that incident with Ohm and a classmate of his that he made disappear. Ohm was antsy in class and Wave wasn't helping with his tattling. Pang had told me that the student was Ohm's former best friend, Folk. They had a disagreement and just stopped talking. Things got better after they found Folk but I was surprised that he didn't remember anything from Ohm making him disappear to reappearing in the bathroom.

Namtaan was also caught in an accident. I wasn't sure exactly what happened because I only heard about it from Pang who told me that they wanted to investigate about the case of a missing Gifted student. That person, whoever he was, was Mr. Pom's classmate. Apparently, Namtaan overused her potential and got a seizure. I still don't know what exactly happened, but Pang said that Mr. Pom caught them and Namtaan seemed like she forgot everything.

Hearing that, I became more convinced that something weird was going on in this school.

But on to the good news, Punn was selected as the Head Student by the director himself (much to Wave's dismay) and Claire made us all plan a congratulatory party for him despite his incessant rejections.

"You should all join different clubs based on your interest to develop your gift." Mr. Pom suggested and Namtaan raised her hand.

"I want to join the Nursing Club." She said and I thought for a while. That doesn't seem so bad so I raised my hand.

"Me too." I said and Mr. Pom smiled and nodded. I gave Namtaan a nod and she smiled in return.

"Can I join the Joke Club?" Ohm asked and Mr. Pom shook his head but agreed.

"Is it okay to not have a club?" Pang meekly asked, raising his hand. Mr. Pom was fine with it but I could tell he was a bit agitated with Pang's decision not to join. It was weird.

"All right, is there anyone else who would like to join a club?" Mr. Pom asked and Claire raised her hand gracefully. I gave Korn a knowing look as he tried to hold in his laughter. We all knew what club she wanted to join.

"Me." She stood up confidently and we all looked at her.

"I will join the Drama Club." She declared as she flipped her hair. I let out a small giggle and tried my best to keep a straight face.  Claire shot me a devious look and I frowned. Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be dragged into this?

Korn did the same and joined the drama club. He would help out in the technical team as well as the stage props. The twins went with Ohm and Mon joined the sports club. Punn was in the music club so the only people who were not in clubs were Pang and Wave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Come on! Why won't you come with me? It'll be fun!" Claire begged as I tidied up my things. I was going to meet Namtaan at the school office to pick up some forms for the nursing club.

"It's not my kinda scene Claire. Besides, I can't dance, sing nor act. I wouldn't be much use to the club if I joined." I reasoned and she pouted.

"You could help Korn out with the technical team or help make costumes! Just please join with me!" She pleaded and I slightly laughed.

"I'm no good with lights and effects Claire. That's Korn's forte. And regarding the costumes, I don't know how to sew." I explained and she sighed.

"Hmph. Fine, but you better be there on opening night! I want you and Punn to be there!" She demanded as we hugged.

"I wouldn't miss it. But Claire, no offense, are you sure you'll get the part?" I asked and she fixed her hair and held her head high.

"Of course, I will. Because I am a superstar!" She declared, facing no one and I laughed before she went to the drama club. I shook my head and headed to the office.