Epilogue

Jaidee

GRADUATION DAY

A few weeks had passed since the incident and a lot had changed since Pang had released that audio to the world. There were some who wholeheartedly accepted to take on the world with their newfound potentials and others opted to live their lives normally.

The Ministry of Education was publicly called out after all the evidence was aired out and Director Supot along with Ms. Darin, Former Minister Pichet and everyone else involved were arrested for all the crimes they had committed within the Gifted program.  Mr. Pom was almost arrested as well but Punn and I managed to convince the authorities that Mr. Pom was also a victim and this and he had helped us to the very end along with P'Chanon.

The new Minister of Education was now Prof. Dr. Premchai Taweesilp, Punn's father. He knew all about what had happened and was now working closely with us to ensure nothing tragic will happen to the students of this country ever again.

And now, it was a very important day for us, the Gifted Class XV.

This was it.

We had finally graduated.

My mind flashed back to the ceremony earlier. I remembered smiling happily at Claire as Punn walked up the stage to give his speech. He was the class valedictorian (much to Wave's annoyance who expected him to drop in the last few weeks because of all the chaos). Punn's eyes traveled along the crowd until they stopped on all 9 of us. He smiled before looking down at the speech in his hands.

I also remembered seeing Namtaan smile and wave at me from the side. She was sitting near the door with her mom by her side. I was sad that she wasn't graduating with us, but I was relieved that she was okay now. I heard from Ohm that she was going back to school the following year. She was supposed to but because of her impeccable school record and outstanding academic performance, she would be able to continue where she left off (Mattayom 5).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I can't believe it's finally over!" Ohm cried out as he sobbed on Pang's shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you guys!" Ohm said and Wave looked at him in annoyance, his arm around my shoulder.

"We're meeting up for dinner later." He reminded and Ohm glared at him.

"Yeah but that's not for another 4 hours!" He said before continuing to sob on Pang's shoulder. We all laughed as Punn jogged over with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Hey guys, Mr. Pom wants to meet us at the Gifted classroom. He said he had something to say to us before we all go home." Punn said and we all moved to the direction of the Gifted classroom. We all walked a little slower as we took in the surroundings from the cafeteria to the basketball court.

I sighed as I gripped Wave's hand that was around my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I glanced at him as we walked.

"I just realized that this will be the last time we all step foot in this school."  I said and he looked at me for a moment before looking around us well. The others walked slower too.

"So many things have changed since the first time we walked through these halls.." Claire said as she walked beside Punn.

"Well, Wave's become a softie so that's an improvement." Ohm joked and Wave almost hit him with his diploma but I quickly pulled him back as he hid behind Pang.

"You know you're just proving his point right?" I teased as he pouted and continued walking with his arm around my shoulder.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -