Chapter 16

THIRD PERSON

The student inspectors were on their nightly patrol and now they were heading towards the rooftop. Third was a bit agitated at the number of troublemakers running amok in the past few days.

"Third, I think we've done enough. I have a tutoring session in the morning. The security guards can handle the rest." Dew, one of the inspectors complained as they headed upstairs.

"All the guards are asleep now. What a waste of paychecks." Third complained as he stepped further up and faced his other student inspectors.

"More importantly, the troublemakers are very active these days." Third stated.

CREAK!

"What's that noise?" Third jumped before they all pointed their flashlights to the door leading to the rooftop. The door creaked louder and louder as the student inspectors began to sweat in fear.

"Third, what if it's not human noise?" Dew asked, his voice shaking.

"If it's not human noise, what would it be?" Third argued as the rest of the student inspectors ran downstairs in fear.

Third swallowed his saliva in fear as he turned off his flashlight before turning his attention back to the rooftop door which slowly creaked louder and louder as it opened.

"Shit! Wait for me, guys!" Third screamed before running after his friends.

A hand then emerged from behind the door as it opened fully. The figure behind the door smiled mischievously as he heard Third run away.

"We're clear." Ohm happily reported to Wave and Punn who were waiting outside the door. Wave grabbed the extension cords and small laptop from the ground while Punn and Ohm both carried the satellite pole.

"The pole is heavier than I thought." Punn exclaimed as they set it on the ground.

"It's not heavier. It's exactly as heavy as I thought. I told you, we should've asked Mon to carry it." Ohm complained, gasping for breath like Punn.

"We are men. How can we ask a lady to carry the pole?" Punn reasoned.

"But Mon has super strength." Ohm pointed out, annoyed.

"Why didn't you just beam the pole?" Wave complained, tired of listening to the conversation.

"Beam? I can't. I can only hide things." Ohm reminded.

"Shush! Stop talking or they might be back." Punn said before they started setting up the satellite pole. The pole was supposed to make the internet connection faster in order for Wave's potential to work better.

Wave was setting up the network on his laptop while Punn and Ohm were assembling the pole. Punn was plugging the rest of the cords and they were nearly done.

"Here you go." Ohm said, handing Punn a water bottle from the bag they brought earlier. He then handed one to Wave who just looked at him.

"Why? What's the difference? It's water." Ohm asked as Wave fished out another water bottle from the bag.

"It's not about the difference. It's about what feels right." Wave explained as he drank the water and Ohm looked at him in disbelief.

"Let me be clear once again. We are just installing it now. We will turn it on tomorrow." Wave reminded as he plugged a small cord from the pole to his laptop, getting a signal and setting up the password.

"I know. You've said it for the thousandth time, Wizard." Ohm complained, placing his bottle on top of the control box of the pole.

"Every time a student installs a small router, the school is able to locate it within a few days. This pole is taller than your IQ." Wave spat, looking at Ohm.