Chapter 24

Jaidee

THE NEXT DAY

I was hanging out with Ohm and Wave in their dorm room. It was Casual Friday so we didn't have much going on for the rest of the day. We were finishing up our transcripts and other requirements for college admissions.

Well specifically Wave and I were finishing up ours while Ohm was complaining in the corner.

"How can you two be done already? Final exams are next week and your transcripts are done?" Ohm asked in disbelief.

"It's not just us Ohm. Claire, Punn, Mon, Korn, Jack and Joe are finishing up theirs today too." I told him and his jaw dropped.

"WHAT?" He exclaimed and Wave and I laughed.

"How come no one told me about this? Am I the only one who hasn't done it yet?" He complained and I patted his shoulder in comfort.

"It's okay Ohm. I'll help you out with that." I offered and his eyes brightened up.

"Really? You are a life saver!" Ohm answered, caressing my hand which Wave swatted.

"Keep your hands to yourself." He scolded as he pulled me onto his lap, hugging my waist. Ohm scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Wave checked the clock and immediately patted my arm and I moved away from his as he grabbed his wallet and phone.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm gonna go run some errands for a few hours. I'll probably be back late." He said, putting on his army green jacket.

"What errands?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Just some errands. I'll call you when I get in okay? Love you. Bye." He said before swiftly kissing my forehead and taking off.

"Well, that was rushed and kinda suspicious." Ohm said out loud as the door shut.

"Yeah.." I said before shaking my head and turning to Ohm. "Well, if we're gonna go organize your transcripts, we better start now. I'm sure you still have some assignments left to hand in." I teased and Ohm placed a hand on his chest as if I had said something offensive.

"Jai! How dare you say that I have unfinished assignments!" He exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow in question. He sighed before nodding.

"Okay fine, I might have a couple ... maybe 7 assignments left." He answered sheepishly and I laughed, rolling my eyes as I grabbed my books and bag.

"Well, they're not gonna finish themselves. To the library!" I announced, pointing to the door as Ohm groaned in frustration.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5PM

"I feel like my brain's about to explode! How did you manage to finish everything in a day?" Ohm complained as he placed some books in his locker.

"It's called multi-tasking Ohm." I teased before pulling out my phone and checking if Wave had sent me a text or even a call but there was none.

"Wave still hasn't contacted you?" Ohm asked and I shook my head. He gave me a timid smile in comfort.

"Maybe Wave is just- HOLY SH-Grace!" Ohm yelped and I did as well as we both turned around to face the junior. She was calmly standing there and looking at me and Ohm.

"Is there something wrong Grace?" I asked, standing close to Ohm.

"Focus and listen. And believe that what I'm saying is true." Grace pressed.