Special Chapter 1

Jaidee

RATAPORN RESIDENCE

"Ms. Jai? Your friends are here." P'Beam said as she peeked her head through the door.

We were all heading for one of my family's resorts in Phuket and would be staying there for a week. We as in the Gifted class. I had also invited Mr. Pom but he told me that we youngsters should enjoy ourselves because he had a ton of homework piled up when we came back from summer vacation. He did ask me to bring him a souvenir though, specifically a keychain and a fridge magnet.

I had a hard time convincing some of them namely Pang and Wave because I told them that it was an expense-free vacation because I had asked my parents if I could spend some time in one of their resorts with my friends. My parents of course, not caring what I do, just asked me how long we were staying and how many were going before handing me the access keys to all the facilities and informing the staff at the resort.

"Okay. Tell them I'll be right down P'Beam!" I said as I grabbed my sunglasses, placing them on top of my head as I lugged my suitcase downstairs with a small crocheted beach bag slung on my shoulder.

When I got downstairs, I laughed when I saw what they were all doing. Mon was watching TV loudly with Korn while Jack and Jo were clamoring for the remote. Claire and Punn were taking pictures together. Namtaan and Pang were holding Wave back from hurting Ohm who was holding his tablet.

"Uh guys?" I said and they all stopped what they were doing. I laughed as P'New grabbed my suitcase, taking it to the car.

"Hey Jai." They all said before walking over to me, suitcases in hand.

"Jai, I have a question but promise you won't get mad." Ohm said and my brows furrowed in confusion as I nodded.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked, curiously.

"Are you sure this is a house? Not a museum?" Ohm asked and I laughed as Pang whacked him at the back of the head.

"Yes. This is a house Ohm. I was born and raised here." I said, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"Did you ever get lost?" Ohm asked again and I laughed.

"Sometimes when I was younger but I got used to it and memorized every corner of the house in a short while. I even know the way out of the rose maze in the back." I said and Ohm's jaw dropped.

"Y-y-you have a maze?! What the hell Jai, I knew you were rich but I didn't realize you were THAT rich." Ohm said and I just smiled.

"It's not a big deal Ohm. This house is pretty average to me anyways." I said and Ohm gasped.

"A house tinted in gold furnishing is average for you? Then what isn't? Please don't tell me you have a diamond-covered water glass." He said and I sheepishly smiled.

"Okay, we should go before you give Ohm a heart attack." Pang said, leading me outside as the others followed. I could hear Namtaan scolding Ohm and telling him to snap out of it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a 2-hour ride to the airport from my house (with traffic) and an hour and 25 minutes for the whole flight from Bangkok to Phuket. My parents had offered me the chance to use the jet but I declined and opted for first-class airline tickets instead.

I asked them for their passports as I checked in our luggage. I could hear them teasing Claire for bringing the most stuff like she was planning on moving to Phuket.

"Hey! These are all necessities, okay?" She defended, hugging her hot pink luggage. It was the biggest suitcase out of all of us and the second biggest belonged to Ohm which mostly contained a handful of food and snacks.