Special Chapter I

Jaidee

It had been about 7 months since I came here and everything was going really well. Wave kept his promise and came over to see me every week. He was coming over next week to celebrate his birthday with me. I told him that he shouldn't waste such a happy occasion by coming here where there is nothing to do but he insisted.

Claire had also been updating me about what was happening with everyone else.

Apparently, Namtaan and Pang started going out a few weeks ago. Korn was also working up the courage to ask out one of his classmates with Mon and Art's help (they had been dating secretly since Mattayom 5).

Ohm and the twins were running a very successful clothing store while Punn was currently working under his father as an assistant to the ministry. I heard from Namtaan that Mr. Pom had taken over as Ritdha's new director and P'Chanon was his supervisor. All the school privileges, as well as the divide between the different classes, were now abolished. All students were now on equal levels with each other.

"Hey, Jai! The new teacher will be here in a few minutes. Doc. Nam just went to pick her up!" Tian called over as I tidied up the make-shift classroom with the kids helping me.

A few minutes pass and I heard the sound of the familiar truck pull over.

"Guys! She's here." Tian called over and the kids and I pulled me over to meet this new teacher. Doc. Nam came out first, carrying a suitcase as the said teacher got out from the passenger seat. She was very pretty and wore her hair in a low ponytail. She had a dark blue short-sleeved chiffon blouse tucked into a black pencil skirt and a pair of short ankle strap heels. She had on a bright smile as the kids and I greeted her.

"Hello everyone! My name is Narathawi Watthanakun but you can call me Ms. Nara." She said and my blood ran cold. Tian noticed I looked kinda uncomfortable as he moved away from Phupha and touched my arm.

"What's wrong?" He mouthed but I just smiled and shook my head, reassuring me I was fine but I wasn't.

This woman in front of me was Wave's first love.

His first crush and his first heartbreak. She was the reason why Wave became who he was. Distrusting and didn't believe anyone's kindness. She had hurt and used him for her own personal gain.

I held back my anger and kept a small smile on my face as she shook my hand with a smile. After she pulled away, I caressed the silver promise ring that Wave had gotten me for our anniversary a few weeks back. It was a simple silver band with a sun engraving. Wave had the exact same one but his had a star on it.

"This is Jai. Another one of our volunteers and Tian's close friend." Doc. Nam introduced and Ms. Nara nodded in understanding. She eyed me and Tian with a small smile on her lips.

"Close friend? You two look great together. You'd make a beautiful couple." She said, attempting to break the ice, and Tian and I just laughed awkwardly.

"No uh.. Jai and I are just close friends. Nothing more. I see her as more of a little sister." Tian explained and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah and I'm already in a relationship." I said, smiling as my mind drifted off to my glasses-wearing boyfriend. I heard gasps from around me.

"You had a boyfriend?"

"How come you didn't tell us?"

"You broke my heart!"

"What does he look like? Is he handsome?"

The other rangers teased as I just laughed. The only people who knew about Wave was Doc, Tian and Phupha. I guess it had slipped my mind because I was used to people already knowing about Wave and I even before I could tell them. And usually when Wave comes to visit, I usually come down to the city with him or when we go back up to the mountains, no rangers are there because they're on duty.