Chapter 11

THIRD PERSON

It was like any normal day. Some students were still in class, learning, and some dozing off. Others were in the cafeteria chatting with their friends as they ate. It was a normal day.

Suddenly, a static noise took over the school PA system.

"Attention. "

"Attention, a message from your new god."

"A message from your new god. To all teachers... and students, the purge is upon us. "

"The purge is upon us."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the sound of that, every student's phone beeped as an app opened up. It was a new one. It entailed certain quests to be completed in order to reap a certain reward. All of the students looked at each other then back at their phones before slowly clicking the 'Accept Mission' button.

With the press of that, students began ensuing chaos. There were students ripping out pages out of textbooks, breaking of chairs and tables, throwing food in the cafeteria, and even students who were physically attacking each other.

What caused this you ask? Only one class can answer that.

THE GIFTED.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pang was walking back to the main building, trying to get ahold of Jai. She wasn't answering her phone and no one had seen her since class ended an hour ago. He had heard the announcement and shook in fear. This was Wave's doing.

His phone beeped as he received a message from Punn:

"EVERYONE, COME TO THE AUDITORIUM NOW!"

Pang rushed over, ignoring the repeating message being played on the PA system as he headed for the auditorium.

The whole Gifted class was there with the exception of Wave and Jaidee. When Claire saw him, she strode over to Pang, anger, and worry written all over her face.

"Where the hell is my best friend? What did Wave do to her?" Claire yelled as Punn held her back to calm down.

"I don't know. I've been calling her nonstop, but she is out of reach." Pang explained and Punn looked confused.

"That's impossible." Punn said before pulling out his phone.

"What's impossible?" Ohm asked.

"Jai texted me to gather everyone here." He explained, looking at everyone. They all looked at each other before all their phones simultaneously beeped. It was a message from Jai, sent to their group chat.

"YOU IDIOTS."

As they read the message, they heard a slam. The doors were being closed. They all ran to the doors trying to get them open but they were barred shut by a student from the outside. They banged on the doors and begged for the student to let them out. Korn stepped back as he heard static from one of the speakers. The others soon followed as the static grew louder.

"Welcome to all of my Gifted fellows. " That was Wave's voice.

"You're all so stupid. You just walked into a trap. You've proven that my low opinion of you all was right."

Claire was fuming as she shouted. "Come out now, pussy! Where's Jai! What have you done with her you asshole!"

"Instead of coming up with bad words, I suggest you use the time to find a way out of there. I have lined up a lot of fun games for you to play. It will take a while before you can get out-"