Chapter 22

Jaidee

I sat up on the hospital bed, my back against the headboard as I ate a slice of apple that P'Beam handed me. She had just called Wave through her phone and he was now on his way here.

I still felt a little dizzy which I guess was from the medication.  I grabbed my phone to check the date. It was nearing 6pm and it had been almost 2 weeks since the accident. My mind drifted to Korn.

Was he okay? I thought but my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. P'Beam then stood up from her chair and opened the door.

"Oh! Hello dear. Come in, please." P'Beam said as she moved away from the door for me to see who it was.

It was Mon. She was a little teary-eyed as she gave me a small smile, walking over to me.

"Hey Jai." She greeted, lightly hugging me.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked and she laughed.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" She asked and I just shrugged.

"I'll give you dears some privacy. P'New must have already arrived at the restaurant to get your food." P'Beam said as she adjusted my blanket and I smiled as she exited the room.

"Is Korn okay?" I asked and she frowned but nodded.

"Yeah.. I just saw him earlier. His potential was a big help but he still needs to be observed." Mon explained and I smiled in relief.

"Mon.. about what happened to Korn.. I'm sorr-"

"Don't Jai. Please. " Mon said, stopping me as she gave me a smile. My eyes began to brim with tears.

"But I..I couldn't keep him from falling. If only I was faster.. it w-w-wo-ouldn't have ended like this.." I sobbed and Mon grabbed both my hands.

"Jai. Listen to me, you jumped down after to him, risked dying and you're still blaming yourself for it? Korn doesn't blame you and neither do I. I'm sure everyone else doesn't too. So don't blame yourself okay?" Mon said, looking me straight in the eyes. I sniffled as I nodded.

"So, what happened after Korn and I were hospitalized? Were the rest of the Anti-Gifted caught? What about the director? I heard from Namtaan that he was missing. Did you guys figure out what to do next?" I asked and Mon winced.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked, worried that I somehow upset her. She shook her head, smiling slightly.

"No..it's.. uhm.. Pang and the rest uhm..We're not exactly on speaking terms at the moment." She confessed and I looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean? I thought you guys were together earlier to celebrate Namtaan's birthday." I said and she nodded.

"Yes. We did but it didn't turned out well. Pang brought up some problems with the school. He said that none of the Gifted class XVI juniors were getting better and that they were getting worse. He said that Ms. Darin wasn't doing anything to help them and Punn and Wave argued against him. Ohm got upset because they were fighting when it was supposed to be about Namtaan. Pang still insisted on fighting against Ms. Darin but Ohm was pissed. He was so angry at Pang and we all just decided to leave. I guess you could say the group is broken up now.." Mon sadly reported and I frowned.

"I'm sure things will work out Mon.. I guess I shouldn't push it for now." I said and Mon nodded in agreement.

"What about Claire and Punn? Have they patched things up?" I asked and Mon shook her head.

"Punn's being really weird these days and he keeps siding with the school administration. Lately, he's been hanging out in Ms. Darin's office." Mon said and I hummed.