Chapter 10

Jaidee

THE WEEK AFTER

I was walking out of the dorm when I noticed Namtaan, Punn, and Mon standing near a pile of trash. I walked closer to what it was. It was parts of a computer. A smashed screen and keyboard. A ripped mouse cord. A headset that was broken and trampled on and a system unit that was ripped open with the wires cut out.

These were Wave's things. I guess Pang taking over as Head student really got to him this time.

"Do these belong to Wave?" Mon asked.

"I think so. I heard a loud banging noise coming from his room. Maybe he is still upset about the midterm exam." Punn answered.

"Seriously? Is Wave the type of person who breaks things?" Mon asked.

"Move." We turned our heads to see Wave carrying another system unit, throwing it with the other stuff he broke before leaving. He looked so somber and way too calm.

"I've never seen him like this before." Mon commented.

"Yes, I'm afraid he'll do more damage." Punn added as Namtaan and I looked through the other stuff.

"Jai, let's go. Claire's probably waiting for us." Punn said, offering a hand as I stood up and walked to class with him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AFTER CLASSES

Namtaan was caught up with something and asked me to take over her spot at the clinic for today. I happily agreed as I wanted to catch up on some homework since no one comes to the clinic in the afternoon much.

A few students came by earlier claiming they were sick but I think my potential may be an advantage since they were all faking it. I didn't know how but I guess I just felt that they weren't sick. They wanted an excuse to get out of gym class but I couldn't lie since Ms. Min and their teacher walked in at that exact moment that I was about to write out a sick note for all of them.

"Jai, give me a bandage." I looked up from my notebook and saw Wave looking uncomfortable. I smiled a little at his fidgeting.

"Hey, Wave. So you remember my name. Guess that makes us friends now." I teased as he just looked at me blankly.

"Give me a bandage." He repeated, asking as nicely as he could which I was a little shocked by. I looked at the large gash on his arm from breaking his stuff. It was superficial but it was prone to infections if not dressed and treated properly.

"I think you should get a physical exam. You really did a number on your computer. You may have a concussion." I advised.

"You are a good detective, aren't you? I asked for a bandage. Can't you hear me?" Wave repeated and I looked at him intently.

"I told you to get a physical exam. Can't you hear me? And I'm not being a detective. I know how wounds like that are supposed to be diagnosed and treated. You hurt your arm when you broke your computer screen and the glass shards slashed your arm. Glass injuries can result in severe damage to the skin and underlying nerves and vessels, as well as tendons, and result in significant long term disability which is why I'm telling you to get examined first for signs of neurovascular damage." I explained.

"I'm fine. Is it so hard to get a bandage?" Wave relented and tried to grab a bandage from the medicine cart when I pulled it back.

"Take a seat over there. I'll dress your wound." I said, gesturing to the bed. Wave looked like he didn't have a choice and quietly sat down while I grabbed the supplies. Some cotton, alcohol, antiseptics, gauze, and tape. And clean gloves of course.