Chapter 12

Jaidee

"Jai!!!" I flinched from the book I was reading as Claire walked in. I smiled as she hugged me tightly. Behind her was the rest of the Gifted class except for Pang and Wave. I've been staying at the infirmary over the weekend because I had overused my potential with helping out the students and teachers who were injured during Wave's takeover.

"Hey, guys." I greeted them.

"For you, Jai." Punn said, handing me a bouquet of yellow daffodils.

"Flowers are overrated. Here Jai, from me and Namtaan." Ohm joked, handing me a bundle of pink heart balloons as Korn took the bouquet from me, placing it on my bedside table. I thanked him as he raved to Namtaan about making me smile.

"I have something else for Jai." Namtaan said as she pulled a giant blue teddy bear from behind her. I squealed as I hugged the bear closer and smiled at her in thanks.

"Oh please. Here Jai, these will cheer you up. You'll get better faster." Jack and Jo said in unison, handing me each a bag of assorted chocolates and sweets. I thanked them both, kissing them on the cheek as they gave me a hug.

"How are you feeling?" Korn asked, brushing the hair out my eyes. Mon moved closer, carefully pulling my hair into a side braid as Claire handed me a glass of water.

"A lot better actually. I really wanna walk around because my legs are getting numb." I said as I opened a box of chocolates and shared it with everyone.

"Where's Pang?" I asked Namtaan and she looked at me sadly.

"Rooftop. He'll come by later though." She curtly answered and I understood.

"Oh here by the way, I took some notes for you and Mr. Pom's new assignment. It's an essay assignment from the director about our mission as a Gifted student and Ms. Min said you can be discharged tomorrow." Namtaan said, handing me a printed copy of the lessons, neatly fastened and it had my name on it. The essay answer sheet was also inside.

"Thank you Namtaan. Thanks everyone." I said, smiling at all of them.

"Feel better okay? We'll come by again later to bring you some dinner." Claire said as Punn gave me a nod. They all left a few minutes later and I fell asleep after Ms. Min came to check up on me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up, it was already dark out and my stomach grumbled. I peered at the clock, it was 6pm. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the harsh light of the infirmary. I flinched as the curtain was drawn and Pang came in.

"Hey Jai." He greeted hugging me, holding a bag of my favorite fast food.

"Claire asked me to give you this. She had to rush to the auditorium for a drama club meeting." Pang said and I smiled when I smelled fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fries and a bowl of soup.

"Thanks Pang. I'm starving." I said as he set up the table and helped me set up my food before taking a seat on the side of my bed. I started eating and groaned as I bit a piece of the chicken. I hadn't eaten anything savory for the past days and to be honest, the food provided by the school wasn't that great.

I smiled as Pang took a few pieces of fries and my eyes wandered to another bouquet of flowers. They were a mix of peach roses and white orchids.  Pang seemed to notice it too.

"Punn really went all out and bought you 2 bouquets of flowers huh?" Pang joked and I reached for the small card in the center. There was no name but only a single sentence was written in the center of the card.