Chapter 63

bit of family, bit of nerves, bit of unexpected

.

Louis’ POV

When Saturday came, I couldn’t stop shaking. I was so nervous, more than I had ever been in my life.

Harry had no idea what my family was like, what happened before.

And I really wanted to keep it that way, he didn’t deserve what they were going to say to him or what they would do.

I didn’t sleep at all the night before, just rolling around, alone, in my huge bed as I hoped that Harry was right, and that my family had changed.

When my clock hit noon, I got out of bed and had a shower. Harry would be coming over soon, so I wanted to look at least presentable, despite the bags under my eyes.

I went into my bedroom and pulled out some clothes to put on. I saw the drawer towards the bottom that held my old, brightly coloured clothes that I used to wear when I lived at home with my family, but quickly looked away.

I didn’t want them to have to satisfaction of thinking that I hadn’t changed. Because of them, I was a very different person than I was in acting school.

So I picked out black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, one that would show of my tattoos just to spite them.

I also grabbed a spare change of clothes to put in my overnight bag, because apparently we were staying the night too.

Just as I pulled my clothes on, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” I yelled, knowing it would be Harry who had a key that I’d given him a few days ago.

I stayed in my bedroom and stepped in front of the mirror to do my hair.

“Lou?” I heard Harry calling as he walked around the apartment, probably looking for me. “Boo? Where are you?”

“Bedroom.” I called back, trying to hold my voice steadily. I knew how excited Harry was to meet them, and I didn’t want to make him upset.

When he entered the room, I didn’t take my eyes off the mirror, styling my hair perfectly.

“Hey,” He smiled, stepping my behind me so I could see him in the reflection.

“Hi.” I answered with a brief smile as he quickly ducked down to kiss my cheek before going to sit on the bed.

“You ready?” Harry asked with a grin and I nodded.

“Yeah.” I breathed, trying to sound confident.

Harry was quiet for a minute, until I was finished doing my hair and turned around to face him.

It was then that I realised what he was wearing.

He had black skinny jeans with a white t-shirt and his Burberry coat. His hair was also pulled back into a bun, which look incredibly good on him.

He smiled lazily at me as he leant back on his hands while I walked in between his legs.

“You look beautiful.” He told me as he held my hands, calming my nerves. I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a light push to the chest.

But he just smiled wider and pulled me down to kiss me.

I pulled back with a smile, but it was short lived. Harry could make me feel better, but I was still freaking out a little.

I stepped away from him and turned around, getting a jacket from my wardrobe. I disappeared around the corner, but I heard Harry call out.