Chapter 38

GIF: CAN WE JUST PLS. ELI THE FRUITCAKING CHIMP OHMYF

.

.

.

Louis’ POV

Niall and I pulled up to Harry’s tiny apartment block in his car and found a car park on the road. I pulled my black hoodie up over my head to cover my face before getting out of the passenger seat and hurrying across to the door of the building.

“This is going to be great,” Niall said with a smile as we trudged up the stairs. “Harry as the best poker set and-”

“You played with him before?” I interrupted. I didn’t realise they were that close and I found myself feeling something… odd.

It was like an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach and felt the overwhelming urge to lash out at Niall because I hadn’t been invited.

“Yeah,” Niall chirped, oblivious to my change in attitude. “It’s great, It’s going to be a good night, just you wait.”

 “Are you gonna be this weird all night?” I asked as I nudged him.

“Dude,” He turned to me. “You’re gonna have a good time. Harry’s been talking about it all week.”

“Really?” I asked with a small smile. “He has?”

Niall chuckled. ”Yeah. And he’s been talking about you, too. He’s very excited that you agreed to come.”

I blushed and smiled to myself as we reached his floor and began walking down the narrow, dingy corridor trying to find his apartment number.

I was glad that Harry was excited I was coming. I wanted to make him excited rather than terrified.

“Did he say why?” I timidly asked.

“He likes hanging out with you,” Niall replied. “Well, he thought he would like it, and he wanted to spend time with you. He likes you.”

“He what?” I choked, spinning around to stop us in the hall.

“Relax, buddy.” Niall laughed. “He wants to be your friend, that kind of like.”

I let out a long breath. Niall thought it was in relief but really, it was sort of in disappointment. I wanted him to like me the same way I liked him.

“Here it is.” Niall said as he stopped in front of a door and knocked.

“It’s open!” I heard Harry call from inside, so Niall leant forward and opened the door wide so we could walk in.

“Hey guys!” I heard Liam shout from the kitchen. “We’re in here!”

Niall and I walked down the small hallway to where the voices were and I couldn’t help but feel a little out of place. The entire apartment looked run down and old, I wasn’t sure how Harry could live in such place.

We emerged into a tiny kitchen to see Harry and Liam cooking while Zayn sat at the bench with a beer in his hand.

Harry was stirring something at the stove while Liam was chopping vegetables as Zayn watched on.

“Started drinking already, I see?” I jokingly asked as I strode into the room with an heir on confidence, trying to impress the boy I was crushing on.

“Ha ha,” Zayn answered as everyone laughed a little. “We all have.” He pointed to the other cans on the bench that belonged to the other two.