Memories

You opened your eyes, and saw Echidna smiling down at you. You had been sleeping in her lap for who knows how long.

"Ah. I see you are awake now. How do you feel?" Echidna asked.

You sat up, off of her lap. "Actually, I feel way better than I have in a long time. Thanks for the... um..."

"Lap pillow," Echidna said with a grin. "And as you are awake now, I believe that you should return to the physical world. It will almost be time for you to wake up, so this would be a good time to leave."

You fumbled the pendant from under your shirt and grasped it. You soon vanished from the Tea Party, and Echidna stayed on her spot on the ground.

"If he falls in love with me, I will be able to observe his mannerisms and come closer to understanding this emotion. Of course, comforting him was done in order to advance this, but I also believe that he is more damaged than he believes he is. Since we are in a contract, I suppose that I will help tend to his psychological state." Echidna finally stood up, stretching her legs.

"But I cannot help but doubt that I can understand these feelings that seem to come so easily to others. Love? I have not seen a need for it, but all living beings seem to yearn for it. Therefore, I have wanted to understand it, so..."

She grinned in a way that could have been taken as either mischievous or excited. "I am counting on you, (Y/N)."

You didn't hear these words, but what you did hear was Echidna telling you something else.

'(Y/N), come back to my Tea Party. You will remember what happened if you drink my tea.'

You weren't dumb, so this immediately let you know that something had gone wrong and Subaru died, causing you to forget what you had done in the previous loops. You grasped the pendant again and put aside the discomfort that came from going to and from Echidna's Tea Party.

When you reopened your eyes, you gasped. This time, you and Echidna weren't alone.

All of the Witches, except for Satella, were present, and they were all looking at you.

"Oh, look! It's (Y/N)!" A short, green-haired Witch walked up to you. "Hello! I'm Typhon! The Witch of Pride!" She held out her hand, but you knew better than to take it. With her ability, she could destroy your body, and unnecessary pain was... unnecessary.

You looked at each of the Witches, wondering why they were here. To see you? But why would they do that?

"Hey. Just like Typhon just said, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). It's nice to meet you."

Daphne, the Witch of Gluttony, licked her lips. "Mmmmm. He smells good!"

Sekhmet, the Witch of Sloth, sighed. It was too much effort for her to respond.

Minerva, the Witch of Wrath, pointed at you. "My name is Minerva, but my name isn't worth giving! And don't take Typhon's hand! I hate this world for making her try to hurt you!"

She seemed pretty... special.

Typhon huffed and stepped away from you.

Carmilla, the Witch of Lust, hid her face in her scarf. "M-my name i-is Carmilla."

Echidna waltzed over to you. "Now, I will explain the situation. Firstly, this is the fifth 'loop', as you would call it, since you left the Sanctuary. After you drink my tea, you will remember everything that you experienced during that time. After all, this space defies time." She then gestured to the other Witches. "And they are here because I recently talked to Subaru, and they all decided that they wanted to help him."