Aftermath

Elsa joined Meili, who was staring wide-eyed at the source of the devastating spell that had caused havoc to the surrounding battlefield. 

"M-mama..." Meili muttered.

Elsa knew that her 'Mama' was here, so she didn't comprehend what Meili was trying to tell her. The little girl was in a state of obvious shock, so Elsa chose to follow her gaze and see what about 'Mama' was getting Meili so worked up.

There was almost no dust around Capella anymore, so she was clearly able to see it.

Her mother's head was lying on the ground. Blood oozed from the short stem that remained of its neck, and more of the dark liquid poured out from the base where it had been separated from its body.

She was sure of it. 'Mama' was dead. 

Elsa turned back to Meili, and neither of them knew what to say. The monster that had tormented the both of them was suddenly dead, but they had no idea what words to speak.

Meili was free from the person who had ordered her away from the life that she used to live, and she was no longer a prisoner of fear to the punishments that she was subjected to. She didn't have to worry that her new friends would be hurt by 'Mama', and she didn't have to worry about Elsa being taken away by her either.

Elsa only had one reason to feel relief over Capella's death: Meili wasn't going to be hurt by her anymore. The Bowel Hunter didn't mind any insane missions or punishments. However, she had always worried about Meili, so it was a relief that Meili was freed from 'Mama'.

And when words failed, actions prevailed.

Meili hugged Elsa's torso, and the older female was taken by surprise. Meili wasn't one who let her true emotions show through her mask, but she was now openly embracing her feelings and Elsa.

Elsa looked down at her little sister-figure and smiled. Without saying a word, she hugged her back, and the two of them were finally able to move on from the horror that was the Sin Archbishop of Lust and their 'Mama'.

Beatrice had cast Murak on her, Subaru, and Garfiel in order to escape the deadly streaks of Yang magic. This spell reduced the effects of gravity, so they were able to float away from anything dangerous.

At this point, Garfiel was healed to a non-threatening level, so Beatrice was able to stop casting her healing spell and concentrate on what had happened all around her.

It seemed like all of the enemies were defeated, but something didn't feel right. Wilhelm was kneeling on the ground, Elsa and Meili were hugging, and (Y/N) and that woman seemed to be in a trench created by Earth magic.

"Oi, Beako! We did it! We- wait... Did I even do anything!?"

Subaru interrupted Beatrice's examination of the battlefield with an enthusiastic remark that turned self-deprecating very fast.

Beatrice crossed her arms and replied, "Hmph! Subaru stayed with Betty, so that is good enough, I suppose."

Instead of trying to argue about his uselessness, Subaru agreed with Beatrice. "That's right! You'll get lonely if I go away for too long, so we have to stick together as much as we can!"

He gave her a tight hug, and the spirit struggled against it. "Stop it, in fact!" She hit his arm, and Subaru only released her when he also looked around to survey the field.

The first thing his eyes focused on was Wilhelm. 

The old man was on his knees, and it looked like he was holding something in his hands. His body shook gently, as if he was weeping.