Part 5

I crossed the campus about 20 minutes before class starts. I walked across the green and looked up at the sky. 

"Lauren!" I heard Jake shout as i turned to see him wandering towards me. I grinned and tightened my grip on my bag.

"I was just about to text you." I told him. I turned to watch a leave fall to the ground as we slowly began to walk again.

"So how was it? Did they talk to you about Harry?" He asked me as i glanced down towards the ground. I really had no idea how to tell Jake about this, he already hated Harry for hurting me in the first place, how was i going to tell him i agreed to date him again?

"Well he was there." I muttered softly as he grew quiet. I peaked up at him as he studied the scenery quietly.

"He was there?" He finally asked. I nodded lightly but kept my mouth shut. He grew quiet again as he stopped walking. I turned to glance up at him. His brown eyes met mine.

"What did he say?" He asked me. I could sense his protectiveness kicking in.

"Well, that's the thing." I said and began to play with the band of my bag. I wanted to take the attention off of me.

"what thing?" He muttered softly. We both knew he was debating if he wanted to know the answer to that.

"We are fake dating." I informed him as his eyes grew wide. "The fans loved me and they didn't want to upset them. They are paying me 4 million dollars so i couldn't turn it down." I quickly added before he could step in. 

His eyes grew wide as he glanced down at me. "Four million dollars?" He asked as i nodded again. He grew quiet again as he thought about this.

 "You are just going to let him use you like that?" 

I hadn't really thought about it like that. I didn't consider it using me really, i mean he didn't like the situation either. But i knew they were technically using me. 

"I guess." I muttered, turning to look up at the building in front of us. Jake was protective, he didn't want me to get hurt again and i knew that. But i didn't know what to say, i knew he was upset that i had ever taken the boys up on this offer..it was written all over his face.

He took a deep breath. "Since you are getting four million dollars i will be expecting you to buy me the best house you have ever seen. I mean, i am letting you live with me." He told me as the corner of his mouth hiked into a small grin. I laughed lightly as i elbowed him.

"We will see." I muttered, walking into the building. Max's desk sat on the far wall facing the rows of seats. Jake and I made our way to our usual spots in the back.

"Sup Max!" Jake called out, placing his backpack on the back of the chair. Max's smokey gaze turned to look up at Jake and I.

"Hey guys!" He replied, climbing out of his chair and walking towards us. 

Max was a cool guy, we had met him last summer before he was our teacher. He was very young, around 25.  Jake and Max became friends before school started and i kinda just tagged along. When we both found out we were in Max's class, things started to get a bit bumpy with Harry.

"Did you catch the game last night?" Max asked Jake as he instantly shot out of his seat. 

"That pass cost them the game!" Jake shouted, placing his hands on the back of his head. Max crossed his arms and shook his head disappointedly.

"I know, they fucked up." He muttered under his breath, trying to avoid the ears of the other students who had began to gather in the room.

I rolled my eyes as i sat down in my seat. Jake had been screaming all night because of this stupid game. Don't get me wrong, i love football, but god was he loud...louder then Harry ever was.

I sighed as i looked out the window. "Looking glum today Lauren." Max said as Jake laughed sarcastically.

"Sure sure had a crazy day so far."

I shot Jake a look as Max raised an eyebrow. I didn't want anyone else to know about this. It was a secret that i was dating Harry for money, i shouldn't have even told Jake.

Max could tell that i didn't want to talk about it. "Alright everyone sit down!" Max shouted as he made his way back to the front of the room. I turned to glance at Jake as he shot me a grin.

"What?" He asked as the grin slowly faded.

"Don't tell anyone about Harry and I. You can't tell them that anything happened. Just say we worked through it if someone asks you." I told him as he sighed. We both knew that it was a compete lie. There was no way that i was even close to being ready to forgive Harry.

"Fine, but if he hurts you again Lauren i swear to god.." 

"It's alright." I muttered pulling out my notebook.

I didn't really pay that much attention today. Max went off talking about some stupid thing about how to characterize people. I didn't really care to be completely honest. The only thing that really kept popping up in my mind was Harry. The amount of rage i had built up over the past couple of days was slowly hitting the surface. He hadn't even bothered to call me, not even once. He mad no efforts to fix his stupid mistake that he had made and it killed me. It hurt me more than anything.

"Lauren." Jake's voice finally cut through my day dream. I unclenched my fists as i gazed up at him.

"What?"

"Class is over." He said glancing around the practically empty room. I followed his gaze and i quickly stood up. 

"Oh, right." I stammered, draping my bag on my shoulder again.

"You alright?" He asked me as i quickly nodded.

"Just peachy." I said as we walked towards Max's desk. Jake and him began to talk as i glanced towards the window and bit my lip a bit too hard.

I felt a small vibration coming from my pocket as i sighed and dug for my phone. I pulled it towards my face as my bite on my lip got harder....Harry was calling me.