Part 9

I stepped into the cool air and took a deep breath. I shoved my cold hands into my pocket as i glanced up towards the stars. My friends were chatting next to me but i didn't pay too much attention to what they were saying.

Niall drooped his arm heavily around my shoulders as he began to tug me away from Zayn and Perrie. "Drive with me! Just got my license!" He said with a large grin.

I laughed lightly as i turned back towards Zayn and Perrie. "Going with Niall!" I told them as they nodded. 

I climbed into Niall's new car as he hopped in excitedly. "Are you a good driver?" I asked him, jokingly tightening my grasp on the seat. 

He laughed as he began to back out of the parking space. "Watch the master." He told me, leaning back to buckle himself before turning onto the main road. I clutched the side with my right hand just for precaution. 

Niall shifted his hand down the steering wheel silently as his blue eyes peaked a look at me. "So, Harry told me that you guys talked." He told me, pausing to examine my expression. "What happened with that?" 

Great, just what i wanted to do..talk about Harry. "Niall i really don't want to talk about it." I told him as he nodded.

"I'm sorry Lauren, i shouldn't have asked. Just know that if you ever want to talk about it i'm here to talk." He told me as a pain rang through my chest. I knew that Niall was only trying to be my friend, he always had. 

I shifted uncomfortably as i looked over at Niall. His gaze was focused towards the road, a small hint of pink pressed to his cheeks. I paused for a couple of minutes before i finally said something. "He asked me to come over, thought that we should talk so i did." I told him as his blue eyes glanced towards me again. 

He nodded lightly as he pondered my response. "So are you two alright now?" He asked me as i let out a sarcastic laugh. He chuckled, raising an eyebrow as he pulled into a parking spot. "I'll take that as a no?" He asked me as i folded my hands. 

I shrugged my shoulder, turning my head out towards the window. " I don't know.." I began, studying the night sky again. "He says little comments that lead me to remember what drove us apart in the big picture." I told him as he turned the car off and twisted his body to face mine. I felt his blue eyes burn into my skin as i continued to gaze outside.

"He can be a douche bag and yes, what he did to you was very, very wrong. But-" Niall began before a loud pound echoed across the front of his car. "Zayn! What the hell man! New car!" Niall shouted, turning to peer out the front.

Zayn stood there smirking, both of his hands placed firmly on the front hood. "Let's go!" He shouted, causing Niall to curse under his breath and hop out of the car. He quickly walked over to where Zayn stood as he examined the front.

"Jesus, there's a scratch!" Niall said, causing me to laugh as I closed the car door behind me. Zayn rolled his eyes as he reached for Perrie's hand.

"There isn't anything there lad, it's perfectly fine." Zayn said, walking towards the front of the building. Niall cursed again softly as he shoved his hands deep into his pocket and began to sulk towards me.

"What an idiot." He muttered, shaking his head and continuing towards the building as i followed. I let out a soft laugh as Zayn held the door open for us.

He leaned down towards my ear with a small smirk after Niall went in. "He's the idiot." He muttered, causing me to roll my eyes and laugh again. 

I followed Niall as he began to push through the crowd, head down and blocking his face. The people dancing didn't seem to notice who he was though. Zayn tugged Perrie in back of him protectively as he too lowered his face.