Part 14

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath as I shoved my phone back into my pocket. How was i going to handle Derek. He had no idea that Harry and I had broken up.

Perrie eyed me suspiciously. "What?"  She asked, folding her hand across the table as she nervously gazed at me. My eyes stayed glued to hers for a  moment before i reached over to grab my bag. 

I draped it across my shoulder as i tried to mangle everything that was running through my mind right now. "I'm sorry Perrie, i have to go." I told her. 

Her brows furrowed as she shook her head confused. "Is something the matter?" 

I shifted onto my heels as i bit the bottom of my lips. God, who knows right now. Was there something the matter? Yes, i guess there was. Derek was back probably talking about football or something with Harry while Harry was probably freaking out.

"My brothers at the apartment." I told her after a couple of seconds of silence.She studied my nervous form before it finally clicked in her mind.

Her eyes grew wide as she sat straight up. "Go!" She shouted as her mouth dropped open. "Shit Lauren!" 

"I'm sorry Perrie!" I told her as i took a step back, banging into something in the process. I turned around to see Jake standing there confused.

His eyes darted between Perrie and i for a moment before they landed on me. "What's cooking good lookings?" He said as the corner of his mouth perked into a grin. "I heard commotion."

"Derek's in town." I told him as the smile vanished from his lips. He instantly tensed up as his hard eyes watched me. "Is he going to beat that stupid ex of yours?"

"Harry's a good guy." Perrie added quietly from behind us before her voice trialled off, knowing that how good of a boyfriend Harry is wasn't the problem right now. 

My eyes gazed up at his. "Can I borrow your car?" I asked. "I don't have time for a cab." I tried to ignore the plea in my tone.

Jake ignored my question. "Does Derek know?" 

"No, can I have your keys?" He studied my nervous look as i glanced up at the clock. I needed to get there quickly. "Jake."

"Fine." He said, reaching across the counter to fish his keys out of his coat pocket. I opened my hand as he easily dropped them into my palm.

"Thanks," I told him as I turned towards Perrie. "I'll call you later Perrie. So sorry!" She smiled as she motioned me towards the door.

"Go!" She said with a smirk as I listened to her and quickly headed towards the door.

Normally I would have just taken a cab. I didn't mind paying for them and i rarely asked Jake if I could borrow his car. I thought that it was enough for me to be staying with him until i got back on my feet. But, now wasn't the time to take a cab. I needed to get to my old apartment quickly. And when i say quickly, i mean speeding until i finally got there.

I slammed the door and practically ran up the front steps. My hand pounded against the wooden door as i stood outside to catch my breath. I hadn't noticed how hard my heart was pounding until now. 

The door finally swung open to reveal Harry. He was dressed up for him, wearing a white button down shirt with black jeans.

My eyes studied him for a moment before meeting his green gaze. "You look like you were going to go out. Got a hot date?" I asked, I didn't know where it came from, but the hint of jealousy in my voice was inevitable. 

His gaze stayed hard against mine. "I was going to go out." He replied, ignoring my comment about the date. We stood there for a couple of moments silently staring at each other. Something about his gaze confused me. It had a mix of different emotions; anger, frustration, surprise, and love?