Chapter 14

"I hope I didn't hurt you?" I hear Nic say as we're led on the ground later on trying to get our breathing under control.

"That was amazing," I genuinely say because it was. It really was.

"Good bec..."

Suddenly he goes quiet, looking up at him I realise he's being mindlinked. I suppose I have taken up a lot of our Alphas time today.
But he is my mate after all, so do I feel guilty?

Nope!

I watch as his eyes go back to there normal green colour as the link is broken, and he turns his face to me.

"It's time to go back isn't it?" I say with a pang of disappointment.

"I'm afraid so my love." And my heart swells at the endearment of what he's just said.

It does something to me and all I want to do is throw myself at him again.
He must have been reading my mind as his eyes automatically change to a golden tone. I notice his body tense as we gaze at each other and I know my own eyes are probably showing my wolf's purple eye colour as well.

I can feel her trying to push forward but if I allow that right now then I will never get to go to my own birthday party.
Nic shakes his head and I'm guessing he's trying to control Shadow too.

He stands up and gets dressed with a long sigh. I'm glad it's not just me. I watch him as he effortlessly pulls on his jeans, and grabbing his shirt I had thrown on the ground. In a quick move pushes his head and arms through the holes and pulls it down over his chest.
I can't help but watch the action. My mouth waters watching him and a soft moan leaves my lips before I have a chance to realise what I'm doing.

His face whips around to face me. A smirk tugging at his lips as he steps closer to me. Holding his hand out he reaches for mine, placing my hand in his he pulls me up from the ground. With our bodies touching I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

Argh..what is wrong with me?

I open my eyes again when I feel some clothes being pushed into my hands. I look at my hands and see there is a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a black top. Which I'm grateful for the dark colour considering I'm not wearing any underwear right now.

"Come on. They can't have a party without the guest of honour." He chuckles, whilst sweeping his knuckles over my cheek gently.

I groan in annoyance and I hear him chuckle again as I pull on my own clothes so we can head back to the packhouse.

Luckily us werewolves are prepared with different clothes because of unexpected shifting they get ripped to shreds. So spare clothes are always at hand in different places within our territory just in case.

We walk back hand in hand with the biggest smiles on our faces. I can't believe how things have changed so much and so quickly and I don't think I've ever been this happy.

After walking for a while we finally reach the packhouse. The party looks like it's in full swing and I panic slightly when I realise I still have to get ready.

If I'm to get ready quickly then I need to find my best friends. They are great at helping me when I'm running late for things. I just got to find them.

Lady luck must be looking after me tonight because as I walk through the door I see both my best friends leaning against the wall.
I take in their appearance and I smile brightly at the sight of them.
Meg is wearing a floor length red dress that has a slight flow to the skirt part. Her straight black hair falls to her shoulders and I notice a matching red pin holds half of her hair up.
Jess on the other hand is wearing a dark blue short dress that hugs her curves. A subtle white pattern details along the bottom of it breaking up the plain colour. Her long blonde hair has been curled to perfection and cascades around her face like a waterfall.