Chapter 35

EDEN'S P.O.V.

With my back up against the wall of Nic's office, and my legs firmly wrapped around his waist, I kiss him with everything I have and then lean back and wait.
Wait for the passion cloud to fade before Nic realises I have called him the one thing that makes his blood boil in his veins.

I knew what I was doing as soon as the word Alpha left my lips.

I want it rough.

I want to forget.

And the only way to do that is to get my possessive mate angry.

Not that it takes to long. The colour in his eyes are starting to flicker. It only takes a matter of seconds before his eyes are flashing between his beautiful forest green and golden tones of Shadow, like a disco ball in a nightclub.

I can see the fight he's having with himself. The gentle side of Nic and the primal side of Shadow fighting each other in one body. I can't help smile to myself about how easy my devious plan has worked so quick.

I wait again.

Mara is howling in my head for Shadow to win. I've come to know in the short space of time of having my wolf with me, that she is kind of a floozy when it comes to her mate.

Shadow breaks the surface and wins the fight between them, and Mara is howling even more than before. To the point that I almost want to let go of Nic's neck and cover my own ears with my hands.

Nic using Shadows strength slams me against the wall again and my body reacts to the force he uses.
My legs wrap harder around his waist pulling him closer, with my hands tightening on his neck in a death grip.
Looking at his handsome face, I know my plan has worked perfectly and I'm in for the ride of my life.

Closing my eyes in anticipation, I quickly open them again when I hear a low growl. "Open your eyes."

Nic is staring at me with so much desire that I have never seen from him before. It takes my breath away as I pant through my own desire for him.

"Eyes open Eden."

And I try, I really do, but I can already feel them closing without my consent. My body responding to his every touch. Committing to memory everything about this man in front of me.

With another growl with an included bite to my bottom lip, I stare at my mate. My pulse racing and my breathing laboured.

"I said eyes open. That's an order from your Alpha." He growls, as he slams into me hard, obliterating any thoughts I had.

*****

After a while we finally emerge from Nic's office. It's been two hours since we shut ourselves in here and amazingly enough we have not been disturbed once.
I'm actually wondering if Nic sent out a mindlink not to be disturbed because there is no way anyone could have heard us, considering Nic's office is fully sound proof.

To be honest, I have never been so grateful for that piece of knowledge. I was loud.

Time for forgetting is over now though, as we make our way through the packhouse. With Nic carefully holding my hand in his leading us to the training grounds.
It's been four days since Jake and Ana were taken, and Nic has stepped up training for everyone that's capable. Young, old and inbetween. No one is exempt unless Nic says so.

Nic took no time in deciding about splitting training into four different groups. Which to me sounded like a great plan. Each of our best warriors were appointed leader of each group.
They are to train them, each using their expertise to hopefully train them enough to help them overcome and survive the war that's heading our way.