Chapter 40

EDEN'S P.O.V.

I had been here alone for the last half an hour, since Nic had been mindlinked by Raymond that the training of our pack members was going better than expected, and in true Alpha style, Nic had wanted to go and see for himself.

Nic had already told me that the plan was to train the older members of the pack through the day and to train the younger ones before school and after.
So, as far as I was aware they would all train together at different parts of the days on the weekend, so everyone had a chance to become the best fighters they could be.

Nic had also told me that our pack knew about what Jake was going through as well, as they had all witnessed my pain while they were training, and being the ruthless Alpha he is our poor pack members had cowered when Shadow growled his anger about it.

So now I'm just led here thinking about what we can do to find my brother and Ana and how we are going to save them. Every plan I think of seems to have a some sort of obstacle in the way.
After a while of wracking my brain I'm still none the wiser and it's really starting to wind me up.

So dragging myself out of bed I walk into the bathroom, needing a calming shower, because my body aches in places I never thought was possible.

I can feel my cheeks getting hotter as I think about the last few hours.

Goddess what is he doing to me?

Switching on the shower, I discard the blanket that I grabbed off the bed that I wrapped around my body, chucking it into the dirty laundry basket in the corner of the bathroom.
After checking the water temperature, I enter the massive shower that I'm sure could fit three or four people in it and welcome the hot water hitting every one of my aching muscles.

My body instantly relaxes under the water and I feel I could stay in here for hours. A sigh leaves my lips as I grab the shampoo bottle off the shelf. I flick the lid open and the smell of chocolate fills my nose. Who knew you could get chocolate scented shampoo. It reminds me of my mates scent as I squeeze some onto my hair and begin to massage it in. Just as I'm about to wash it out I hear the click of the shower door open and my mates delicious scent hits me and I realise nothing comes close to his scent after all. It's completely unique and made only for me.

Nic drops a small kiss to the back of my shoulder as he takes over the washing of my hair for me. I keep my eyes closed as he gently pushes me forward under the spray of water, rinsing out the shampoo with the utmost care. I open my eyes and look over my shoulder to see him looking at me with nothing but adoration and it makes my heart melt.
Next he grabs the shower gel and squeezes some into his palm, as he rubs his hands together making a lather of bubbles, his eyes never once leave my own and without saying a word, turns me around to face him as he carefully washes every part of my body slowly.
So slowly that I'm bearly containing myself right now. I clench my fists tightly and I see the smallest smirk grace Nic's lips before he starts to move his hands expertly over my now heated skin. He makes sure to touch every part of me and kisses every bit of skin he washes so delicately.

I'm just about to reach for him, not able to resist him any longer when suddenly he stops and I can see his eyes cloud over as someone mindlinks him.
I look at him as he's focused on the person talking to him. His body is truly that of a greek god. My hand is just about to touch his muscular chest when his eyes come back into focus.
He stares at me for a second and grabs my hand from touching him. Looking up into his eyes I can see he wants to say something.

"What is it?" I say, a bit worried at how he's watching me. But he doesn't answer.

I go to pull my hand out of his when he tightens his grip, "Someone's been hurt in training. I have to go."