《 Arguing With Dream 》

Tw: cursing, light angst
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Tommy laid inside of the tent sleeping peacefully.

Ghostbur and (M/n) could be seen off to the side.

"Dream? Well, he made Tommy drop every single item he had into a pit before blowing them up with tnt," Ghostbur states.

The (H/c)ette frowned heavily when he heard that.

"He's making him vulnerable, isn't he?" He gently asked, his dull (E/c) eyes sparking with life and anger for a quick second before disappearing.

Ghostbur sadly smiled, "I guess you could say that."

(E/c) eyes stared off into the distance, "Ghostbur."

This caused the friendly ghost to look over at the (H/c)ette in confusion, "Yeah?"

(M/n) took in a deep breath before turning his whole figure towards the male before him.

"Ghostbur, I want you to help protect Tommy," the (H/c)ette answered with a serious look.

Ghostbur gazed at the male beside him in shock, "W-What? What do you mean?"

(M/n) bit the inside of his cheek, "I can't always visit since I have something important to do. And well..."

Ghostbur felt nervousness shudder through him as the other trailed off.

"I won't always be there for him, you know? I've cheated death once and received karma because of it, I don't think that I can't cheat death again."

Ghostbur clutched lightly onto the yellow sweater that he wore, "S-Spit it out, (N/n)."

(E/c) eyes made contact with the sky.

"It means that I might die again. I don't know how, when, or where though."

Hearing the explanation, the blue dye in Ghostbur's hands turned a slight darker shade.

"Then doesn't that mean we'll be ghost buddies?" Ghostbur asked, trying to sound excited.

A weak and ghostly smile slipped onto the (H/c)ette's lips, "Maybe."

Ghostbur stared off into the distance with a sad look on his face.

Those words just kept cycling through his head for the rest of the night.

The sun was slowly coming up from behind the trees and a small hill nearby, indicating that it would be morning soon.

The fresh dew on the grass sparkled and shimmered when beams of light landed right on top of them.

A soft hiss left a certain (H/c)ette's lips as something cold and wet dripped onto their face.

Opening their (E/c) eyes, their owner gave a blank face towards the sheep that stood in front of them.

The wild sheep had water dripping off of their muzzle.

The sound of sizzling captured his attention as (M/n) quickly got up onto his feet and wiped away at the liquid with his tank top.

"You're finally awake!" Tommy gave a relieved look with furrowed eyebrows.

"By a sheep," (M/n) bluntly replied with a shake of his head.

A small apology left Ghostbur's lips as he led the wild sheep away.

"I have to go now, see you two later!" Ghostbur waved before leaving.

Tommy looked around with a small look of excitement.

As if he was waiting for someone.

This captured the (H/c)ette's attention.

"Who are you waiting for, Tommy?" (M/n) asked with a raised eyebrow.

"My friend, Dream, of course!" Tommy answered.

(M/n) frowned at the excited teen, "Tommy... Dream isn't your friend."

Tommy's shoulders lowered as he looked away, "I know, but–"

The sound of footsteps captured the duo's attention which caused them to look over and notice Dream.

"Dream, my man!" Tommy exclaimed, faking a bright smile.

Dream's eyes narrowed behind the mask when he saw the familiar figure of (M/n).

"And what is he doing here, Tommy?" Dream rudely asked, bringing out an enchanted Netherite sword.

(E/c) eyes stared blankly at the dirty blonde in front of them.

"He came to visit," Tommy huffed out.

Dream tsked as he looked away while breaking a big enough dirt hole.

"In the hole, Tommy."

The strong source of leadership and manipulation could be heard from Dream's lips.

Before Tommy could do anything, (M/n) placed an arm in front of the said teen.

"What the hell are you fucking doing, you green bitch?" (M/n) hissed out.

Tommy's eyes widened and shrunk a bit as he glanced up towards the man that stopped him from doing Dream's orders.

Dream scoffed, "Destroying his belongings."

(E/c) eyes narrowed as the pupils become reptile-like.

"You have no fucking right to do this to him, Dream."

The dirty blonde rolled his eyes as he pointed his blade at the (H/c)ette in front of him.

"Says the one who only has one life left," Dream snarky replied.

Hearing this caused fear to resolve inside of Tommy.

Why is it now that he didn't realize that the older (H/c)ette was on his last life?

His blue eyes landed towards (M/n)'s wrist which broke him ever more.

Right then and there laid a single heart on his (S/c) skin.

"You're the asshole that took that life, remember? Oh, you haven't told Tommy?" (M/n) asked with a raised eyebrow when he saw Dream's body started to tremble with anger.

"Y-You what?" Tommy's voice trembled out.

Dream realized that he wouldn't be able to get to Tommy today so of course he took a step back.

"You win this time, Tommy."

Dream turned around, pulled out a trident, stepped into the water, and lunged himself out of the situation.

"Did he really take your second life?" Tommy's broken voice whispers.

(M/n) nodded his head, "It was...how do I say this without you getting mad at me?"

Tommy seemed to realize that the older male didn't want to bring back any bad memories and sadly smiled.

(M/n)'s eyes widened a bit as he felt arms wrap around him.

"I forgive you, (N/n)."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•