《 Life's but a Game 》

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Two female teen Goddess's could be seen playing some type of board game, ignoring the fact they were both sitting criss-cross.

The sound of water dripping off of some leaves nearby could be heard lightly hitting the pond that the leaves were leaning over.

The Goddess with hidden green eyes lifted her head upwards and gave a small smile behind the mask towards the other female, "You do realize you could've won just now?"

The other shook her head and laughed a bit, "Yes, I do. But life's just a game, ya know? It'll keep going until one of us either dies or gets captured."

Drista sighed in disappointment while looking up towards the dark cloudy skies.

"Is Mumza angry about XD?" She asked with a slight head tilt.

The other girl hummed lightly before nodding, "Yep."

Drista frowned a bit, "Angry at the fact that my brother killed off her creation? I'm on her side, honestly."

"Of course, Drista. He's a fool. You do realize that the king would never die that easily," the female replied with a shake of her head while moving one of the pieces on the board.

Drista leaned up against the tree's trunk that she sat beside and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, I know. But you also know that he's not even the king yet!" Drista grumbled out angrily.

The other Goddess gave a nod as a response as she watched Drista take one of her pieces off the board.

"How do you even plan on making sure he's going in the right direction? Mumza has a plan of sending him towards your domain," Drista points out.

The female gave a thoughtful look, "I'll just wing it, probably. Knowing Mumza, I'll be practically talking to her son which she created with her powers–so she'll want someone who she trusts to talk with the newborn king."

Drista gave a soft laugh, "Sounds right."

The sky above them had rumbled before flashing with yellow, indicating that it was about to storm once more.

"Will you ever introduce yourself to him?" She asked, giving a questioning look towards the other.

"I would have to Drista," the other Goddess simply answered.

"Why is it that you get to become Kristin's creation's guardian?" Drista complained.

"I'm not his guardian, stupid. I'm just watching out for him," the other snarky responded.

Drista hummed in annoyance.

"And... Checkmate."

Drista stared at the board in front of her before tossing it up into the air, "Cheater!"

The Goddess of Nature giggled a bit as she stared over at her friend's annoyed figure.

"You lost fair and square, Drista."

Drista huffed out in annoyance but smiled a bit while listening to the small thumps of rain that would hit the leaves that sat above the both of them.

Churning could be heard as if a clock was trying to reset itself causing the two girls to look over at the direction of where the sound was coming from.

A familiar woman in all black caused the two teen Goddess's to glance at each other before looking over at Death herself.

"How are you doing today, Kristin?" Drista greeted a small gentle head nod towards the older woman in front of her.

Kristin gently laughed at the two before giving them a motherly smile.

"I do believe you both know why I am here," Kristin replied with a soft hum leaving past her lips.

Drista and the Goddess of Nature look at each other before nodding their head.

"Is it really time to wait for him?" The Goddess of Nature asked, wearily.

Kristin nodded her head.

"But he hasn't even been revived yet!" Drista pointed out with a surprised look.

"Doesn't mean we'll have to wait long. Please set up a welcoming gift for the soon to be revived king."

The Goddess of Nature gave a thoughtful look before nodding her head as she headed over to the clock-like portal.

"Should we send slime down as well?" Drista questions, crossing her arms over her chest.

Kristin gave a thoughtful look before shaking her head, "When the time is right you shall."

Drista just responded with a nod of her head before turning towards the female that had one footstep inside of the portal.

"Take care of him, ya hear me?" She ordered.

The Goddess of Nature just grinned, "Of course."

Kristin gave an amused look towards the two younger females in front of her.

"Make sure he doesn't die!" Drista exclaimed.

This caused the other to laugh a bit in amusement.

"Who do you think I am, Drista? You know how both XD and Dream want power. You know that they'll just keep reviving him until they do. I'll keep him safe. I'm Lanu, the Goddess of Nature."

Lanu–or also known as Lani, stared deeply into Drista's hidden eyes.

"I'll keep him safe, I promise."

And just like that, Lani stepped through the portal and disappeared.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•