3

Meera jumped into the defensive mode. Meera asked, "Who are you? And why did you drag me in like this?", the woman looked at Meera with a frown. She did not understand what Meera said.
But the woman immediately hugged her and started crying.
Ok, but, I wasn't expecting this especially from a STRANGER!!!.
She stood frozen in her place. After a long cry, the woman looked at Meera, and said, "I knew you were alive Veda. My child, I have missed you so much. I thought I lost you forever. Baby, I Love You." in SANSKRIT and hugged her again. The Woman was too busy with her emotions and didn't pay much attention to what Meera was saying, the woman didn't even notice the young lady's super confused face. And most importantly her CLOTHES. Her clothes were a mess. She wore a loose T-shirt and a sports pant.
I'm embarrassed 🥴. The woman slowly started getting back to her senses and observed Meena keenly. Further, she asked, "What are you wearing? Why are you sweating so much? Are you hungry? Did you eat?" upon receiving no answer the woman again asked, "What happened my child? Why are you not answering? It's me your MOTHER. Please child talk to me, I have been waiting to listen the word 'Mata' coming from your mouth again. " Meanwhile, our little genius understood the situation and made her own theory .

" So this woman had a daughter who looks just like me, what does she mean by 'I knew you were alive Veda'?  Is she dead? But how? when? Ok, so this woman is speaking in Sanskrit. But wait a minute why is her slang so different? God, where am I?

Wait a minute. Now what? should I call her 'Mata'? But I am not her child. Maybe I should tell her I am not her Veda

OK Babe, you got this...
In Sanskrit

"Excuse me but I...am..." Meera couldn't complete her sentence. Lot's of thinking again made her weak. Moreover, she didn't eat since yesterday.
Darkness slowly covered her eyes and thud she collapsed. The Woman was terrified. She called her name again and again. The Woman took her to a room. She cleaned her body and dressed her up in a simple outfit. Meanwhile, the woman's husband came back home from his work. Devaiah was his name. The woman ran to her husband. Seeing her wife in a euphoric state. Devaiah asked, "What happened Renuka? What made you so happy?". Renuka told him everything that happened during his absence. At first, Devaiah didn't believe his ears. He only confirmed the return of his daughter after seeing her with his own eyes. Happy tears were flowing from his eyes. The couple went to Mahadev's idol and thanked him for sending their daughter back to them. 

The whole night the couple sat near their daughter and prayed the almighty to keep her safe. 

The next day, when Meera woke up she saw the couple sleeping next to her. The man supported his back to the table which was next to the bed and the woman rest her head on his shoulder. Meera doesn't want to cause any problem. All she wanted was to find a way back home. And meanwhile, **stomach growls**. She slowly tried to move from the bed but Devaiah noticed the movement and woke up immediately and said, "Veda, Veda my child, How are you? Do you remember me? It's me...your father". 

OK, Am I in trouble?

Soon Renuka also woke up and caressed her hair, and planted numerous kisses on her face. Meera was not sure what to do and how to tell them that it's a big misunderstanding. And, her stomach growled again. Ugh!!. She was hella embarrassed but that wasn't important. She said, "Hungry". As soon as Renuka heard it she stood up and said, "Wait a minute honey, I will make you your favorite sweet and make all your favorite dishes" with that she left Meera and Devaiah in the room. Renuka was on Cloud 9. She quickly arranged all the ingredients and started making the 'Keer'. 

On the other hand, Meera was confused about the questions which were being asked to her. Devaiah said, "It's okay my child, you are safe now. You are back home. Finally, we are all together." Tears were streaming down his face. 

Damn! why is this becoming more and more complicated? They think I am their daughter! But clearly, I'm not!!!!

But look at them. They look so happy. If I tell them the truth will all that happiness be gone?

Will I be the reason for their heartbreak?

Should I pretend like their daughter?

OK then, let's do it now. Until I find my way back I'll stay with them.

Renuka soon entered the room with a bowl full of 'Keer'. Meera's face lit up looking at the bowl. She immediately swallowed the whole bowl in one go. It was hot. But she was hungry.

Looking at her appetite, Renuka brought the whole vessel to her room and served her the entire 'Keer' she made. Being a speedster is not easy. She had to keep herself hydrated and full all the time. Soon Renuka made all the favorite dishes of Veda. Meera ate a whole meal that would satisfy 7-8 people in one go. The couple was shocked and felt very sad to see their child in such a state. 

Renuka and Devaiah were worried about her condition. Devaiah soon brought a doctor with him. The Doctor checked her vitals and was surprised. Her heartbeat was faster than that of a normal human being. Meera knew this would happen. He asked her if she remembers anything from the past few days like, What happened to her? What did the demon do to her?

Ohh...Hey... Just hold ON A SECOND...A WHAT..? A DEMON??? DO THEY EVEN EXIST?

Surely I'm in a trouble now
**Mentally slaps herself for late realization**

"Come on my child, say something, you are safe now, tell us what happened," said Renuka. "Yes my princess, tell us what did he do to you?" added Devaiah.

OK dumb head potato, say SOMETHING!!!!

"Actually I don't understand what you are saying, I was taken by a Demon? Actually, I don't even know you all. I'm sorry but I guess I need to leave now. Thank you for taking care of me", saying this she was about to leave when the couple stopped her and said "What do you mean my child? You don't know us? It's me, your mother and he is your father. Everything was fine until your 21st birthday. You were with your friends in the garden and suddenly a demon came and took you away. Villagers said that he eats every single being he abducts. We searched for you in the dark forest as well but found no traces of you. It's been 4 months now honey".

"And also there has not passed a single day that we haven't prayed for you. Veda, please try to remember us, we are your parents" said Devaiah.

Oh god, Am I hurting them with my behavior?  Was I too harsh?

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to hurt you it's just, I don't remember exactly what happened to me before I met you both. I feel strange." 

DUMB HEAD IS PLAYING AMNESIA GAME NOW?

You don't even have a better plan right now

Just go with the flow

Her parents were even more terrified now. Both of them looked at each other and asked the doctor about her condition. The doctor was speechless, that was maybe his first time dealing with amnesia patients. He said, "Due to the sudden shock she might have forgotten her past, but she might remember it with time", " It would be better if we give her some time to recover". he added.

Everyone agreed with this decision. So, now she has to act like Veda?

But she doesn't know what kind of girl she was. It's a good idea to act like a memory-loss patient but with her powers will she be able to do it?

Will she be able to find their real daughter?

Will she be able to go back home safely?