24

The following day, as promised Karna took Gautam to the nearby forest. By the time they reached the place. A target 🎯 board was hanging from the tree, water bottles and some fresh juice were arranged properly on the table.
"Wow, this looks great. When did you arrange this?"

"Not me it's..."
Before he could complete his sentence, Meera showed up with a basket full of fruits.
"Hi!..."

"Oh man!!
I'm loving your new super power. Haha"

Meera continued her training and Karna taught Gautam how to wield a bow.

Gautam copied whatever Karna did. He was a quick learner.

Karna taught him lessons on archery. He was taking his first class for his child on how to be a good warrior. But his child is now a grown up.

They practiced for 3 hours. Gautam is now too tired.

Meera handed him towel to wip his sweat and gave him some water.

Gautam drank it and poured the rest on his head. After a long time he did something worthy to have a good nap.

"Today's lessons were crazy!! I loved it."
Gautam smiled looking at Karna.

"There are still so many things to learn. Have patience I will teach you few more techniques tomorrow."

Meera also completed her practice. The trio soon departured for their respective houses.

"Hey brother!" called Gautam.
Karna looked at him.
I'm not gonna lie but... It's good to have you with us. Thank you 😇 "
Gautam gave him a warm smile. Karna nodded in response.
The father son duo practiced archery for days. Eventually, their bond got stronger. Gautam is a non stop talker. Karna is a good listener. Their duo was perfect.

Finding Karna alone in the room. Meera slowly went to him and back hugged him.

"Looks like someone is not giving me proper attention." she said with puppy eyes.

Karna kissed her head and smiled at her.
The couple had a really good life.
They had their training in the mornings together with their son. After that they help Meera's grandparents, Gautam taught Karna how to use a mobile phone, then he showed Karna his sports car, his bike. The duo sometimes used to go for a ride also.

Ayush and Anjali were surprised to see Karna and Gautam together all the time. Nobody is still aware of the fact that Gautam is Karna's son.
Karna doesn't want to reveal it either any soon though.

It was yet another normal day when the trio were practicing in the forest.

[Cracking sound]

Karna was too engaged teaching about the bow that he didn't notice the hushing sounds from the deep forest.
Meera was quick to sense the presence of the unknown.

"Hello? Is someone here?"

Gautam and Karna stopped and looked at her.
They looked in the direction of her sight.

"Hey... Do you feel something?"

Meera didn't answer Karna. And stared into the woods.

"I think... there is someone else with us..."

The trio stared back at the woods and slowly moved ahead.

Three demons flew out with loud clattering sounds, screaming towards the trio.
They had a brown black skeleton like body, with no legs, flying in mid air and only the arms which were long enough to hold someone who is almost 6 foot away from them and a widely opened mouth, which looked as if it was ready to suck someone's soul out.